Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Anoher new guy looking to be with the "in crowd"

Old 09-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
P-Dub is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
P-Dub's Tacoma Gallery
Another new guy

Hello. Newbie here just saying hi. First car I owned was an 80 Celica coupe. Then a 75 that blew a cold choke line after just 2 months, but it was on of the best $200 I ever spent. Lately I've been a Honda fanboi. I've owned about up to 4 Hondas. 90 hatch (Black)Si, 89 (Black)Si, 88 CRX (silver) bucket auto. Still have the 90 Si since about '96. And also have a '05 (Black) 600 RR, upgraded from a F2.

The car I'm replacing with the Tacoma was my latest project. A Black '05 Saab 9-2X (same guts as an Impreza WRX wagon) that was totaled by the wife oh well as long as she walked away safe is all I really care about. I'm now on the hunt for an 05+ 4 door 4x4 Black TRD Sport Auto and did I mention in BLACK!

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

My attempt at off-roading.

My wall of big boy toys!

TIME ATTACK!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW Paul!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #3

P-Dub's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks sorry for all the pics. I'm a pic whore.

I'm just itching to getting another vehicle. This is the first time since I was a teenager that I've only owned one car at a time.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
welcome man.

no apologies necessary about pic whoring....its encouraged here, dude.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #5

P-Dub's Tacoma Gallery
Since you encouraged me here.

My first car and Toyo.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
08_TACO_offroad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
08_TACO_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08_TACO_offroad
That CBR is sick!!...is it a 600 or 1000?

Love CBR's
Old 09-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
AliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAliOop127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ali
AliOop127's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm I think you have some serious attachments with the color black! Nice bike, and welcome to TW
Old 09-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
08_TACO_offroad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
08_TACO_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08_TACO_offroad
Well I didn't finish reading there at the top. Answered My own question. haha

Nice bike again!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #12

P-Dub's Tacoma Gallery
I've finally got a lead on a potential truck. It's a 06 DC/LB with 40k miles. Was $27,999 now down to $25,877. Deal or no deal? I want to offer 23k or maybe 25k out the door with taxes etc. Should I lowball this dealer even more? It's been posted online for at least a month now.

It's blue but it was my second color choice anyways.

Link here to said truck.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Old 10-02-2009, 02:16 AM   #14
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Leather shifter knob and bed mat are missing.
With 40k on the od...23k sounds good.Plus the other stuff.
Welcome to TW.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #15

P-Dub's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got my truck on sunday and they put in the shift knob before I did my test drive. Enjoying it so far still getting use to parking this beast. It's blue but it's a blast!

Now I'm officially in the "in crowd".
Old 10-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #16
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 10-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #17
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome... and I have to say it... Hatchbacks? YUCK Sorry, personal preference.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #18

P-Dub's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Welcome... and I have to say it... Hatchbacks? YUCK Sorry, personal preference.
The hatchback comes in handy when you have to haul stuff like car tires and stuff but once you put a sub box in them they're for hauling anything anymore, they sound great though, you don't need to push gigawatts of power to get a decent bump out of your subs. Compared to a sub in a trunk of a coupe/sedan you need to push at least 2-3 times the watts to get the same sound in a hatch.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #19
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
The hatchback comes in handy when you have to haul stuff like car tires and stuff but once you put a sub box in them they're for hauling anything anymore, they sound great though, you don't need to push gigawatts of power to get a decent bump out of your subs. Compared to a sub in a trunk of a coupe/sedan you need to push at least 2-3 times the watts to get the same sound in a hatch.
You can get MORE boom out of a sub behind your seats in a small truck cab, plus my truck can haul more, plus it looks badass instead of shitty like a little minivan

I'm just giving you trouble, man; I know a lot of people like their hatches, the style just never appealed to me even though I can see their utility over a traditional sedan.

Although, I will admit the hatches that I don't really think of as hatches (scion tc, 370z, RSX, etc) look pretty nice, imo. Just not a big fan of the small minivan VW Golf look, but to each his own.

Congrats on getting a truck, welcome to tw!