Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

It's so stock it hurts

Old 09-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
CityTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: E
CityTRD's Tacoma Gallery
It's so stock it hurts

Hey, I'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I have been looking at the site for a while and just decided to join. I owned a 97 wrangler before my taco and found the forums to be the best place to get info. I have one problem with my truck so far, its waaay to stock. The jeep had a lift -33's- all the good stuff. Ill post a pic at some point, but i have a feeling you all have seen a stock taco before.
Cheers!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
DontTryMe is on a distinguished road

DontTryMe's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! It's okay to have a stock truck! Mine is stock and they havent caught me yet!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
anomalous is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
anomalous's Tacoma Gallery
welcome
Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #9

CityTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wow- that was fast! Thanks guys!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
Believe
phynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphynyx38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
phynyx38's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!! If its hurts so bad start modding that bad boy up!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
"Let's Ride!"
Padilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant futurePadilla1880 has a brilliant future

Name: Daniel
Padilla1880's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 09-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW man! That's ok if it's stock. Mine is pretty much too with the exception of some rebadging and some paint in the cab. Post some pics anyways or just let us know your plans for your truck!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #15
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!!

My truck is stock....and I love it!!

Don't rush into lifting it and all that suspension stuff.

Believe me...I've had lifted vehicles (a tacoma and Wrangler) for about 9 years. I just sold my jeep (on 35's, D44's, ARB's, cage, etc) a few months ago and I haven't been tempted to lift the truck yet.

I wanna keep this truck prestine and free of the destruction of offroading & mud.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #16
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, nothin' wrong with stock, but fixing her up is real addicting that's for sure!
Have fun!
Welcome to the forums! Lots of great info here.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
welcome.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #19
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW... stock or not!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #20

CityTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!
WW_FireFighter- to answer your question- Wife mod... enough said

Janster: I totally hear what your saying, one of the things I love about the Taco is you can't feel everything on the road. I miss the Jeep some days, but the ride in the Taco is so much better(among other things). I look at the sespesion options for it, but then think, do I want to feel every pebble? My other ride is a chopped harley with almost no suspension, so the truck is going to stay as is for the time being, I need something that doesn't beat the hell out of me on the road.

Monoman- I know it, I may need a 12 step program.