1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2008 Prerunner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by dusty1313, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Jan 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM
    dusty1313

dusty1313 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    back up camera
    2 weeks old, 1000 miles and running good.
    I did have a little valve nose that scared me at first but the salesman said it was normal. I put it on the highway and indeed, the valve noise went away.

I do have an issues with the JBL Radio

1. I ordered the JBL 10 speaker radio with the amp, bluetooth capability, and aux input.
    2. Truck arrived with the normal JBL 6 speaker system, no aux input , no bluetooth, no 10 speakers
    3. Dealership said the 10 speaker sytem is not available now, but it was when I ordered it and it is on my paperwork. In between the time I placed my order and my delivery, toyota decided not to go with the JBL 10 Speaker system but they failed to tell me. What can I do? advice
    4. I now need aux input capability, bluetooth and I'm left with deciding which way to go to get it.
    5. I need Souhteast Toyota to do something about my problem but how to I go about it. It's not the dealers fault, the order was placed correctly.

2. Jan 31, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    Leer

Leer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    Well if you paid for the upgraded sound system, at the VERY least, you should get that money refunded to you. If you have the best system that they have to offer right now, then your best bet will be to use the refunded money to buy an aftermarket sound system on par with what you originally wanted!

BTW, how much more did you pay for the upgraded sound system?

3. Jan 31, 2008 at 4:10 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I agree with Leer

4. Feb 1, 2008 at 7:55 AM
    dusty1313

dusty1313 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    back up camera
    I think I paid 560.00 for the system and the dealer gave me 500.00 after negotiations but it's just a big let down not to get what you want when you wait over 10 weeks for your auto. It was still a great vehicle so I took the 500.00 and delivery of the vehicle. It was always in the back of my mind to find out exactly what happen in the first place. Don't want to blow this out of proportion.

Products Discussed in

To Top