1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How I lost my Tacoma right after I got it

Discussion in 'New Members' started by MarkOlson, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    MarkOlson

MarkOlson [OP] Gray beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma Regular Cab
    Bear with me while I tell you my sad story.

My daily driver is a supercharged 96 Mustang Cobra and last year, I bought my wife a brand new 08 Audi A3 3.2 Quatro. The Mustang is not very fuel efficient and can't haul anything. My wife thinks the Audi is "too nice to drive" and won't risk parking it anywhere, and won't haul anything in it, not that is is very big either.

We used my daughter's Jeep Wrangler when we needed any hauling or work done, but she recently moved to SoCal and took it with her. So we decided we needed a truck to replace the Wrangler and settled on a Tacoma.

We looked for weeks and finally found a sweet little basic silver 03 Tacoma 2.4L auto with 40K miles down on the coast and bought it for a song. I cleaned it all up, and drove it a few times, but then my wife drove it.

She is 4'-11" and found that the Tacoma seat fits her better than the Audi seat. It is a used truck, so she doesn't worry about parking it anywhere. She has come to the conclusion that it is really easy to drive and is much more fuel efficient than her Audi. Now she has claimed the Tacoma as hers.

So now the Audi sits in the garage under a car cover. I am stuck pumping a lot of premium through my Cobra (still a blast to drive, though). And I have lost my Tacoma right after I got it.

Thanks for listening to my sad story.

Mark

2. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Smart woman ;)
    Welcome to the forum :wave:

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    sorry for your loss:eek:, my wife threatens me from time to time, she has a highlander, I told her I would trade her if she turned the highlander into a regular cab 4x4. will keep you posted on that..:D:D

4. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:23 AM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Since she's afraid to drive the Audi, trade it in on a new Tacoma.:D

5. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    X2! You can give her the '03 Tacoma and get yourself a '10 Tacoma. Everyone is happy.

6. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

x2. :D

7. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Welcome... since she took your Tacoma, trade one of the other vehicles in on another one... whether a new or another used one. Problem solved :D

8. Oct 11, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    MarkOlson

MarkOlson [OP] Gray beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma Regular Cab
    You know, I did consider trading in the Audi, but I would take a bath on the depreciation. I'd lose more on the car than I paid for the Tacoma.

It's a real financial pickle...

9. Oct 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    It never hurts to ask the dealership (stealership if what we call them) you bought the 03 tacoma from (assuming it was a Toyota Stealership). A returning customer wants a new Tacoma! Hmmm. Either way, it's still worthy of a "Welcome to Tacoma World." Perhaps once you start modding the 03 Tacoma, she won't want to drive it anymore. Perhaps you should just drive the Audi. I wouldn't mind being caught in that. :D

10. Oct 11, 2009 at 8:08 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    cant believe it.....NO ONE??

:worthless:

11. Oct 11, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    X3

Products Discussed in

To Top