Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Impression on new truck

Old 11-14-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
cleanerguy is on a distinguished road
cleanerguy's Tacoma Gallery
Impression on new truck

Hey Guys,

I have been lurking around for about a month now and thought I would finally chime in.

I recently traded in my 2007 FJ cruiser for a 2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport. The cool thing was there is a big shortage of FJ's here so the dealership gave me 23k for her, which was cool because I purchased it as a left over for 26k.

Anyway here are my thoughts on the new truck:

The good:

-Interior looks very nice, fit and finish is very good.
-It's real quiet inside, which is a big change from the FJ.
-The front windshield actually lets water glide off, FJ it just kind of sits there.
-Plenty of power, good acceleration.
-Handles very well around town with TRD package.
-Love the composite bed, super durable looks great.
-Front seats are very comfortable and supportive.
-I like the paint, especially the bottom protective area.
-Camera in mirror is very cool. The 07 FJ needed that really bad.

The Bad:

-Squeaks from behind glove box. FJ did the same thing. It's the big wire harness that goes through the firewall. I put some foam padding around it, same as I did in the FJ and it went away.

-Transmission with intelligence sucks. Hunts for gears, can not find the right gear then takes off when it does(FJ did some what the same thing but not as bad, Toyota needs to expand the transmission TSB to fix 2010's also)

-When sitting at a stop light truck lunges forward and you think someone hit you from behind. FJ did the exact identical thing! I can live with it but my other three trucks before these Toyotas never did it. I had the garage grease the zerks in both vehicles and it does no good.

-Driveline vibration when accelerating from 0-10 Mph. It seems to go away quickly but it's noticeable, especially first thing in the morning.

-Radio sucks! I only have 900 miles on the truck the factory installed XM receiver. Well last night the volume stopped working when in SAT mode. I had to stop and restart the truck to get it working again. Poor quality!

All in all I would say I like the truck. It helps that I have owned another toyota so fixing some of the gremlins was easy. I'm confident that toyota will TSB the 2010 transmission soon and that will be fixed. The only real issue is the totally crappy radio. I'll tell the dealer about it on the first oil change and get it line for a refurbished one, oh joy.

Thanks to everyone here for the great info, this website in great!

Go Steelers!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Aboard!
Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #4
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW..!!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome cleanerguy, good first post. Keep 'em coming!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #7
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcoem, I know for the 09's you can get a replacement radio, maybe for 2010's too
Old 11-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum from Vermont