Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Switching from Ford

Old 02-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
CDonC is on a distinguished road
CDonC's Tacoma Gallery
Switching from Ford

Hi all, I've been a long time Toyota fanatic, have a '98 Corolla that I got brand new back then and it's been running fine for 10 years. I had an old Toyota Pickup for 3 years that ran great, but I had to sell it. I recently got a brand new '08 F150, but I think that a Tacoma would probably suit my needs better. Don't get me wrong, I really like my truck, but I feel like I'm betraying my roots somehow . I think I'll keep the F150 for a while, but then trade it in.

I'm just wondering how does everybody like their Taco's though? I know they're reliable trucks, but there's nothing like firsthand experiences. Hope to talk to you all!
Old 02-22-2008, 03:55 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Always been a Toyota fan myself.....96 tacoma was my first truck love. Then I bought a Dodge Ram (new)- it was inexpensive and we needed the towing. After 3 years, we just weren't towing as much anymore and decided to trade it in for a tacoma again. The Ram was nice - just too big and the gas mileage was aweful (13mpg city). Not that the tacoma gets much better (18mpg) - it's slightly less offensive on the wallet.

Glad to be back in a smaller truck. Dodge Ram's still don 't have a good reputation for quality transmissions. Although - now, you get lifetime powertrain warrantee. They finally smartened up.

Love this new truck...and I'd love to buy all sorts of stuff for it..... just trying to pace myself. Only had it 10 months so far!
Old 02-22-2008, 06:20 AM   #3
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

I have ridden in friend's Rangers and Frontiers and I just like the Tacoma more. I've had zero problems with it and driving it makes me happy.

The Nissan hasn't had any issues that I know of but but my friend with the Ford is probably going to be a Tacoma owner in '09.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
My 2008 tacoma is the best friggin truck for me. It's big enough, looks sharp, the fit and finish on the inside is friggin phenomenal. I've sat in the 2008 F150, the interior is pretty nice, but damn the tacoma is SWEET, especially with the leather seats I have.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:24 AM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. There are always a few sacrifices that must be made. I don't want to start another thread about "what do you wish your Tacoma had," but this is a major annoyance for me. Where is my aux input jack? I like the stock head unit, but I am going to have to change it, just so I can get some mp3s in there.

Start reading here and then you can decide if we have valid points or are a bunch of winy little girls http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...st-people.html
Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #6
80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold80 atoyot is a splendid one to behold

80 atoyot's Tacoma Gallery
I just switched from my F-150 (97) to a new Tacoma. The smaller interior will take a bit of getting used to, but its so much easier to manuver (I work in town), its much quieter and smoother too. So far so good.... I have yet to pull my boat so that will be a good test.

Today they are forcasting 6-10" snow so I can test the 4WD and the LSD.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, I have an 07 F-150 for a company truck, and I have to say it's a hell of a truck, I drive it like I stole it, loaded, in the mud and snow, hill and dale, and have had no problems. At the end of the day I can't wait to get into my Taco, much more fun to drive, smaller(which I prefer), handles better. It will be a touch choice.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:02 PM   #8
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Start reading here and then you can decide if we have valid points or are a bunch of winy little girls http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...st-people.html
Definately a bunch of winey little girls.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:07 PM   #9
CDonC is on a distinguished road
CDonC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
Welcome to TW, I have an 07 F-150 for a company truck, and I have to say it's a hell of a truck, I drive it like I stole it, loaded, in the mud and snow, hill and dale, and have had no problems. At the end of the day I can't wait to get into my Taco, much more fun to drive, smaller(which I prefer), handles better. It will be a touch choice.
Yeah, domestically, the best choice is Ford, IMO, for trucks anyway. Mine is so smooth, all the comments I've gotten on the ride is that it's extremely car-like for such a big truck, even when towing.

The F150's are incredible vehicles, but I'm sad to say I don't think that the day I have to say goodbye won't be that hard, not like when I had to sell my Toyota Pickup because I LOVED that thing!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:07 AM   #10
AK Backcountry is on a distinguished road

AK Backcountry's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. I also switched from Ford. Still have a '97 F-150 but turned the 06 F-150 back in. Waiting on the Tacoma now.