1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear sag with 3" Revtech leveling lift

Discussion in 'New Members' started by duner, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Nov 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM
    duner

duner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vail, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Icon coil over in front add a leaf with reservoir shocks in rear Slee Rock Sliders Air Raid Intake Banks Exhaust
    As I am the new guy on the forum page, this question may have been asked already, so I apologize in advance. I recently purchased a revtech 3" leveling lift for my 2006 tacoma 4x4. Unfortunately it seem to have reversed the affect I was looking for. Before I purchase the nose was down and wanted bigger tires, the lift was recommended, and now the rear sags. Any recommendations?

2. Nov 26, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    05TacomaCO

05TacomaCO T800

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 CM Platinum 4x4
    aal, new leaf pack, leaf tsb.

3. Nov 26, 2009 at 9:20 AM
    oofy15354

oofy15354 Proud Tundra *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Massachusetts
    Herculiner, Access Tonneau, Uniden cb, firestik antennae, Bosch Wipers, JVC Ipod headunit, Boston Acoustic Speakers
    when you say a 3in leveling kit. how much did it raise the front and how much in the rear? the stock stance is only about 1/2in lower in the front so if it just raised the front 3 in, theres your problem. if it was actually a full leveling kit that raised both...idk raise the back more with 05tacoma's suggestions

4. Nov 26, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    duner

duner [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Vail, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Icon coil over in front add a leaf with reservoir shocks in rear Slee Rock Sliders Air Raid Intake Banks Exhaust
    It was a full leveling kit by Revtech. About an 1/1.5" in the rear and 2" in the front, all with blocks and spacers.

5. Nov 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    oofy15354

oofy15354 Proud Tundra *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Massachusetts
    Herculiner, Access Tonneau, Uniden cb, firestik antennae, Bosch Wipers, JVC Ipod headunit, Boston Acoustic Speakers
    empty that would put it level front and back but with gas at 6.5lbs per gallon you probably have over 100lbs in the rear weighing it down. that could be the problem. the solution would be to either raise the back more or lower the front a bit. my vote is to raise the back with an AAL instead of a block because it will give you a much better ride

Products Discussed in

To Top