Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

What size spacers do i need to fit 285/70/17

Old 12-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
07 tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: John
07 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What size spacers do i need to fit 285/70/17

I put the 2inch leveling kit in my 07 tacoma and i want to use my stock 17s with 285/70/r17s i know im gona need spacers cause i can barely fit my finger between my 265/65s now.Mabey somone has som advice for me.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
spacers arent the safest things to run, i would personally never run them. save up and get the proper backspaced wheels for what you want to run!

i also, like jdkeller, dont believe a 2" lift will accomodate those tires, lots of rubbing seems to be the outcome to that. some people are running 2.5" and still needs to cab mount chop and cut inner fender plastics

heres an example of a fail: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...e-tonight.html
Old 12-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
I would avoid the spacers if you can, and I think you will need more lift to run this combo. If you have to run spacers make sure they are hub centric and even better spidertraxx
Old 12-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if i can help cause mine is a fist gen but i have a 1st gen and i have the same size rim and tire and i have the Camburg 2.5 up front cranked to about 3in and the 5100s in the rear and i had to trim the front a bit... i have no spacers just the wheel offset of 4.5, i would not try and run spacers i have heard a lot of bad things about them if you are going to go off road or anything.

here is a pic

Old 12-02-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
thats what i thought but im no expert ^
Old 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
i am not sure i talked to mikesdubblecab and he helped me out a lot with it all i wish i knew more he told me not to run spacers if i was going to go off road... i would try and pm him and ask him.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Motoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
Motoxerc0's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my spidertrax on since the lift and no problems at all. Just make sure you torque them to the correct lbs. On a different note, 2 inches should work... isnt there a guy on here running 285s with no lift? I could be mistaken.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #11
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptowntaco View Post
i am not sure i talked to mikesdubblecab and he helped me out a lot with it all i wish i knew more he told me not to run spacers if i was going to go off road... i would try and pm him and ask him.
Yea If I didnt have to run them I wouldnt. But I have had them on and wheeled hard with no problems. Others have had the same experience. No complaints here.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
spacers arent the safest things to run, i would personally never run them. save up and get the proper backspaced wheels for what you want to run!

i also, like jdkeller, dont believe a 2" lift will accomodate those tires, lots of rubbing seems to be the outcome to that. some people are running 2.5" and still needs to cab mount chop and cut inner fender plastics

heres an example of a fail: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...e-tonight.html
This was the allpro wheel spacers. If you run spidertrax you'll be fine. There's a BIG difference in quality between the two.

And I'm running a 3" lift with 285/70/17 and I couldn't begin to imagine the rubbing issues you'd have with a 2" lift! You'll need 2.5" or 3" minimum.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #13
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ thanks i couldnt remember which spacers.

how is running wheels with proper b.s the same as running a spacer?
Old 12-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #14
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
can you run 285-70-17 on the stock wheels? with a 3 inch lift?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
can you run 285-70-17 on the stock wheels? with a 3 inch lift?
with aftermarket UCA's or spidertrax, yes
Old 12-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #17
Almost there

^ im bad at putting things together, how do those posts help? sorry

cause with bs wheels you dont have anything inbetween the wheel and hub assembly your relying on to keep the wheel on. bs wheel go directly onto the hub assemly and wheel spacer go on the hub assembly then the wheel goes on the spacer
Old 12-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel spacers ar not bad because they don't allow the wheel to bolt directly to the hub. Or because they "might falls off". There bad in the same manner that the backspacing is bad.

Dot get me wrong I run my wheel spacers and love them.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
Almost there

So me running wheels with 4.5 bs is bad? What's the stock spacing

And please don't take it with any offense cause sometimes it come off over messaging different then how I mean it, I'm just trying to understand