1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Things to do after 4x4 in snow

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mrtacoman300, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Dec 1, 2009 at 10:31 PM
    Mrtacoman300

Mrtacoman300 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MAX
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5 TRD 5-speed
    35s, 6 inch fabtech, k & N cold air intake, custom grill, snugtop camper shell
    I just purchased a 02 4x4 5-speed TRD SR5 a few weeks ago. Two days ago i took it up to the snow. For the majority of the day i was in 4H due to the copious amounts of snow on the road and also did a little trail riding.:)

My question is though, is there anything specifically I should do after driving in such terrain. I.E. wash out my fenders, differential, or suspension? Or any tips to do before actually driving in serious snow...

Thank you!

2. Dec 1, 2009 at 11:11 PM
    cheehab

cheehab I bleed Black and Gold

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Winter Park, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax
    You could try to get all the ice and crud out of your moving parts if you fee like it, but the big thing is to spray the undercarriage down if they've bee using salt/mag chloride on the roads you were on. That shit is nasty and Toyotas have a general reputation for rusting out down below. As far as your 4wd system goes, you're all good. Another big tip is to add 200 lbs of sand bags to your bed to give you some better grip back there. Its almost obligatory in 2wd but still helpful in 4wd

3. Dec 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM
    FoxTaco

FoxTaco Hoyt and Tacoma for life!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Fresno/Kingsburg, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Fox coilovers w/black rims
    AFE cold air intake, TRD Cat-Bak, Fox 2.5" resevoir coilovers & 2.0 rear Fox Shox from All-Pro Offroad.com, Daystar 2 1/2" leveling kit, , RBP black mesh grille, Panasonic double din touchscreen (flush(no flip out))
    Everything said here is exact! Little extra weight plus a good looong high power pressure wash in all areas after the fun is all thats needed.
    PS. Nice truck Cheehab!

4. Dec 1, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    Mrtacoman300

Mrtacoman300 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MAX
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5 TRD 5-speed
    35s, 6 inch fabtech, k & N cold air intake, custom grill, snugtop camper shell
    Thank you for your response.

By spray, you mean with water right? And where can i purchase sand bags if I need them?

5. Dec 1, 2009 at 11:30 PM
    cheehab

cheehab I bleed Black and Gold

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Winter Park, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax
    Thanks Fox
    Yeah I wash the frame on my truck more than the body during the winter! Just hit it with the high pressure hose at the car wash. Hardware stores around here sell sandbags, but really anything to add weight in the back is helpful. The sand is cool because its amorphous and sits well in the bed, and also can help unstick you if you become stuck in the snow1

6. Dec 2, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Congrats on your purchase. Welcome to TW.

Products Discussed in

To Top