Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Need Advice on Roof Rack System

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
ta0304 is on a distinguished road
ta0304's Tacoma Gallery
Need Advice on Roof Rack System

I want to by a roof rack system for a 2009 Tacoma Quad Cab. The truck has no gutters. I've looked on the Thule site but it is hard to determine if I'm selecting the right items. I'm looking for the roof rack for carrying a canoe. Anyone have any advice for me?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
s3
Klipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Klipp11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta0304 View Post
I want to by a roof rack system for a 2009 Tacoma Quad Cab. The truck has no gutters. I've looked on the Thule site but it is hard to determine if I'm selecting the right items. I'm looking for the roof rack for carrying a canoe. Anyone have any advice for me?
hey buddy,

check out rackattack.com, they sell thule and yakima. i've got a yakima roof rack on my double cab tacoma and it rocks! the towers attach to the roof at the door seals, so gutters aren't necessary.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
TIM HUS shows Nashville how it's done correctly.
cameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameraperson ADK
cameraperson's Tacoma Gallery
These are the OEM, bought aftermarket and installed. They hold a ton of weight.
And best of all, save you gas. They fold to the sides to be lengthwise- streamlined for wind, when not in use-
but also, pop out one end and attach to the other side, widthwise.

I like em. I put a couch on it once.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ta0304 View Post
Welcome! Get the factory rack made for your double cab, and then run the hitch mount bed extender in the vertical position from Harbor Freight. Slip the hitch section out when you don't need it. I use this set-up for my 15' canoe, front on the factory bars, back on the Harbor Freight set up in the tall vertical position. Look here at this link to see how the extender can be used in two positions:
http://www.amazon.com/Extend-A-Truck...=pd_sbs_auto_5
And here for the same thing but much cheaper:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=39168
Old 12-08-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have the OEM one for Christmas. I'll give a review on it when I get it. I plan to use it for my canoe and will be getting the hitch goal post mounting system

Products Discussed in this Thread