Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Looking for add ons and advice later

Old 12-21-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
NEOATRIEDES is on a distinguished road
Navy: Radioman E6 8 years
NEOATRIEDES's Tacoma Gallery
Question Looking for add ons and advice later

I'm new to this just bought me an 06 double cab pre-runner. I'm looking to add some tube steps and maybe wheels later on. Also want to know a good way to lock the rear gate. I have a bed extender but since I can't lock the gate, it makes it easy to steal. If I can't lock the gate then I guess I'll be looking for a tonneau cover. One that can be removed.
Also does anyone know if the radio is satellite ready. I have the LS18005, or a satelite radio that can be blended in with the dashboard.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Hey rhodehard don't be such a dbag

search for pop n lock and then check out tssradio.com they have everything you need and welcome
Old 12-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOATRIEDES View Post
I'm new to this just bought me an 06 double cab pre-runner. I'm looking to add some tube steps and maybe wheels later on. Also want to know a good way to lock the rear gate. I have a bed extender but since I can't lock the gate, it makes it easy to steal. If I can't lock the gate then I guess I'll be looking for a tonneau cover. One that can be removed.
Also does anyone know if the radio is satellite ready. I have the LS18005, or a satelite radio that can be blended in with the dashboard.

Thanks
welcome...the 09+s are the only ones that are deemed "sat ready" from the factory b/c they have the connection on the back for them as well as the sat antenna prewired. there are many threads here where people have been able to integrate them and not look too obvious
Old 12-22-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Yeah....Pop and Lock for the locking tailgate....but I'm not sure that'll stop someone from getting INTO your bed and taking the extender. If you still want to look at tonneaus- hard or soft??

You may want to look at the USASpec Toy adapter for satellite- I think it has a plug to accept satellite-but I'm not sure....

Welcome!!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a cheap way of preventing the tailgate from being stolen until you are able to get the Pop-n-lock.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html
Old 12-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #8
NEOATRIEDES is on a distinguished road
Navy: Radioman E6 8 years
NEOATRIEDES's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all

Thanks all for the tips. I like this site. BTW If I do get a tonneau cover it would be a hard cover got toyota red.