1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New guy bout to buy a new Tacoma.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by nutritious, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Jan 1, 2010 at 1:35 AM
    nutritious

nutritious [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey TW community! I've been looking at a few trucks over the past month, trying to upgrade from an old BMW. After test driving many of the '10 models, I felt most comfortable with the Tacoma 4dr Sport. Now having this as a daily driver, I'm deciding on whether to go with the auto or 6spd for 2 hour commuteto work and some weekend offroad/hunting. And the finish narrows down to grey, black or white..

2. Jan 1, 2010 at 1:40 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    First off, welcome to TW!

Get what you feel most comfortable in. They are all great vehicles. The auto's get a little better MPG's. But I think the manuals are more fun to drive. Bottom line, you can't go wrong. :D

3. Jan 1, 2010 at 4:41 AM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    Welcome. If you have to do a lot of driving do your self and favor and get the automatic. It's not like this a sports car anyway and it is a pleasure just to drive without shifting. This is the first auto trans I have ever really owned and it is great. I also have a 6 speed RX-8 and now for commutes I prefer to take the Tacoma. Good luck with your choice.

Toyota makes a white called Blizzard Pearl. They did not offer this white for the Tacoma. If they have it for the 2010's get that, it is a fantastic white. If not go with the gray.

4. Jan 1, 2010 at 5:49 AM
    XSB41

XSB41 If I had a hammer...

Member:
    First Name:
    Rik
    Va.
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4X4
    hitch haul, bed extender, bed mat, behind seat gun rack, roof rack
    "Welceom"...up late last night cmack?;) I recently purchased the automatic double cab SR5, and kinda wish I'd gotten the TRD package, but since I no longer bust brush nor wreak havoc in the great outdoors, I'm well pleased...just gotta keep the wife from making "parking lot modifications" to the body...the sales peep threw in a bed extender to help seal the deal...comfortable ride, and makes me look even younger!:p Had to add dirt wafers to get rid of the "new smell" during hunting season, and a bed mat for cargo stability...daggone glad I took the plunge...:)

5. Jan 1, 2010 at 5:57 AM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    welcome to tw!

6. Jan 1, 2010 at 6:08 AM
    redrx8

redrx8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It depends what you prefer, I went from a 93 toyota truck standard to a 2005 auto, I kinda miss my standard but i got used to it. I also have a 6 speed RX8 for the summer that can satisfy my shifting cravings.

7. Jan 1, 2010 at 6:39 AM
    ColdZeroBSP

ColdZeroBSP Yo homie, that my briefcase?

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Tewksbury MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DC
    console vault, viper remote start, weathertech front and rears
    Welcome to TW! Congrats on deciding on a taco, you won't regret it. IMO you will quickly get annoyed driving a stick everyday (I know I did). Save the stick for a second vehicle that is used as a weekend fun mobile. Also if you hang this forum for any length of time you WILL get the mod bug lol. So get everything u want on the truck but don't fork out any dough on stuff u know ur going to change later.

8. Jan 1, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    Tacoda

Tacoda Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Sport 4x4
    I"ve had each more than once. The automatic can spoil you, it is effortless and smooth. I just traded an automatic FJ for a new double cab this time i got the 6sp. Im comfortable with either. I really think it just comes down to a matter of personal preference. Most of my driving is rural. If I drove in heavy stop and go traffic constantly I might have made a different choice. Both are great choices, dont overthink it, go with your personal preference

9. Jan 3, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    nutritious

nutritious [OP] New Member

Member:
    It's pretty much every type of driving condition where I'm from besides the snow. Having to work in the city, I've made the decision to get an automatic white sport. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, truly appreciate it. :)

10. Jan 4, 2010 at 4:37 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Welcome to TW.

11. Jan 4, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Go for the manual!!!! :D
    And welcome to TW :wave: