1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 trd sport

Discussion in 'New Members' started by smuggiesrider, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Jan 6, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Off-Road DCSB AT
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    Yeah Boy! 2010 trd sport 2x cab. Can't wait for my seat covers, floor mats, shifting knob and Grille guard! Cap coming soon. Need to figure out a lift for my winter tires/ steel rims. Any suggestions?

2. Jan 6, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    besser

besser Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road
    HI- just picked up a 2010 TRD Off Road here in VT. Ordered my cap today, bed mat arrived today, now I'm waiting for my floor mats, vent shades, and bug deflector. And thinking about the grill mod...

3. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    smuggiesrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    What cap did u get? From where? Are you in northern VT? Want more info about caps. Thanks for any help.

4. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Welcome Vermontonians! :)

5. Jan 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM
    the macf

the macf Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Daily Driver - 09 RCLB Barcelona Red base, Sold - 08 BSP X-Runner TRD SC 332rwhp
    can you take a picture of your headers? I heard they were different than the 05-09

6. Jan 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    besser

besser Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road
    I ordered it from Catamount in Williston (yes, I'm in northern VT) They have ARE. You could get LEER, but the ARE are much better (a buddy of mine threw his LEER away and got an old ARE roadside for $50, which he likes better than the LEER he bought right from the LEER factory in PA).

The ARE is about $1600 complete, but I ordered lots of options (this is for the CH series, you could go Z series for the streamlined look but then you can't get opening side doors). I have a silver ARE on my 2003 Taco (truck and cap for sale shortly) and it has been great. My new ARE will have:
    Driver's side opening windoor with small screen sliding window
    Passenger side vent slider (allows much more airflow than a windoor, good for sleeping in the back)
    Custom extrusions bolted to the top for rain gutter style roof racks
    Grey carpeting on the inside walls and roof (again nice for camping, keeps the condensation down on cool nights)
    LED Brake light
    Battery powered LED dome light (haven't seen this yet, it's new since my previous cap purchase)

It should be installed in about a week!

7. Jan 9, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    HIGHONSTRESS

HIGHONSTRESS Member

Member:
    Welcome!! im new to the forum myself, but also from vermont!

Post some more pics thats a sweet ride

8. Jan 10, 2010 at 12:09 PM
    smuggiesrider

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    I am also thinking of using Catamount. Any feedback on them. How long does it take from order to install do you think? I have heard all good things from ARE owners so I think I'm partial to them. Did you purchase from Heritage? Not sure how I feel about them yet. First time customer there.

9. Jan 19, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    besser

besser Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road
    Picked up the cap on Saturday. Aside from ARE putting the stickers on it (which I specifically asked them not to do when I ordered it), everything was good. I had them put a few additional rivets in the tailgate as I had heard from a buddy of mine who picked up a similar cap last fall that the trim piece can come off. The cap only took a week to get and cost about $1600 said and done. I got the rails for the top so I can put my kayak rack on it.
    Catamount looks like a small family operation, which is good too. This is the third cap I've bot there...

Products Discussed in

To Top