1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bilstein 1500 series upgrade

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ssjostrom1980, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Jan 9, 2010 at 3:16 PM
    ssjostrom1980

ssjostrom1980 [OP] Taco Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 4x4 v-6 5 speed
    I have put a K&N Air intake, 1500 series bilstein shocks set at 2.5, with a procomp add a leaf to the rear springs giving 1.5 inch lift to the rear. Kenwood Excelon Deck with USB Port 4.0 V Pre Outs! Infinty Ref 4 channel amp for mids and highs Infinity Kappa Perfect component 6.5 in the front and kicker 6.5 two way in the rear. Alpine mono amp for 2 kicker 10 inch competition Subs in a custom Tacoma box. Gold Plated battery Terminals. BFG All Terrain 31's.
    Hello, recently I upgraded to the bilstein 1500 series struts and shocks. After putting the Front Struts on it lifted the Front about 2 to 2.5 inches. I thought it looked maybe an inch to a half inch higher in the front compared to the back now. My friend that helped me with the install said we needed to lift the back too. So we did add a leaf. Now the truck sits higher in the back than it does in the front by about 1.5 inches. My friend says its supposed to be that way incase you decide to tow something. Is he correct? I would kind of like to have the truck level. Please tell me what you out there think. :cool:

2. Jan 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    HIGHONSTRESS

HIGHONSTRESS Member

Member:
    i can only comment on the stinkbug look of the truck with the rear up higher.. my stock taco looks just the same way. i believe you are right that it is for carrying a load. probably keeps better suspension geometry that way and also prevents bottoming out.. thats my guess.. i have like three posts on this site so dont take me at my word.

3. Jan 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    Welcome to TW.:)

4. Jan 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    ssjostrom1980

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 4x4 v-6 5 speed
    I have put a K&N Air intake, 1500 series bilstein shocks set at 2.5, with a procomp add a leaf to the rear springs giving 1.5 inch lift to the rear. Kenwood Excelon Deck with USB Port 4.0 V Pre Outs! Infinty Ref 4 channel amp for mids and highs Infinity Kappa Perfect component 6.5 in the front and kicker 6.5 two way in the rear. Alpine mono amp for 2 kicker 10 inch competition Subs in a custom Tacoma box. Gold Plated battery Terminals. BFG All Terrain 31's.
    Thank you for your response.

5. Jan 9, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    ssjostrom1980

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 4x4 v-6 5 speed
    Thank you its a pleasure to be a part of the group.

Products Discussed in

To Top