Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello from So. Cal

Old 01-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
tmkpres is on a distinguished road

tmkpres's Tacoma Gallery
Hello from So. Cal

Hello *tips hats*

Well Im a kinda new member here, been lurking more. I've been toying with the idea of selling my car and getting a taco(loved the tacomas since they 1st came out).

I've been into the import scene for a while now (11 Years) I still love it, but the whole lowered car thing is starting to get to me. Not to mention the hassle from the cops

The truck will be my main source of transportation, unless those real nice days come out in which I ride

Help me guys make a decision LoL

Really helpful site. Hope to learn more before I make my decision.

Thanks,

Pres
Old 01-18-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome

I also came from the import scene so I know how you feel..
What kind of car do you currently have right now? pics!?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
kiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nice
Army:
Name: leon
kiddwvman's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #5

tmkpres's Tacoma Gallery
I have ap1, here's a couple of pix of my baby What did you have ? You got any pics

And a shot that I like a lot

Old 01-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
sweet pics man!
i had an evo 9 mr se in black.
one thing youll miss is the attention you get right now, oh and the speed.
unless you supercharge your tacoma
Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #7

tmkpres's Tacoma Gallery
I think the speed the most LoL and being able to take my frustations out in the canyons LoL or the on/off ramps

The attention I can do without LoL, The EVO is another car I was looking at, but Im just gonna be in the same boat if I get the EVO *sighs*
Old 01-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I was in the lowered imports scene back in the mid 90's when they werent big at all but after Fast and the Furious came out, all hell broke loose and they became to trendy after that. I mean they are still nice and all but just played out to me in my eyes. I also loved Tacomas since they first came out and ever since I bought my 06', I have never regreted it one day on getting it!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:33 PM   #10

tmkpres's Tacoma Gallery
562 Pico Rivera, small city close to motebello and East LA, you can see me on the 605 and 5 every morning LoL. Where abouts are you from.

WW Frefighter. Yeah they became trendy, but thats also when, In my eyes there was more of a personal touch to set apart the wannabe's from the real guys.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah I was in the lowered imports scene back in the mid 90's when they werent big at all but after Fast and the Furious came out, all hell broke loose and they became to trendy after that. I mean they are still nice and all but just played out to me in my eyes. I also loved Tacomas since they first came out and ever since I bought my 06', I have never regreted it one day on getting it!!!
I'm on the same boat as you. I've been working on/racing imports since the 90s too, and totally agree with you about F&F movies changing everything about the scene.

...and to the OP, Welcome to TW! There are a lot of helpful people in here and a ton of info to read when you're ready to make the change from the sport compact scene.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #12

tmkpres's Tacoma Gallery
Talking about this is making miss the ol' days.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #15

tmkpres's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Welcome. Im in Fontana if you kow where thats at.

There is just something about a truck that makes it so much nicer. I love cars too but I will always have at least one truck in addition to a car.
Of course I know where thats is. Back in the day we use to go race at the strip right there Did some events and the street legals. I use to drive my civic up there open downpipe and all slicks and race gas in the back seat LoL.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #16
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkpres View Post
Of course I know where thats is. Back in the day we use to go race at the strip right there Did some events and the street legals. I use to drive my civic up there open downpipe and all slicks and race gas in the back seat LoL.
lol Yea we have the speedway too. Every Sat morning you can see all the imports driving there to go race!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #17

tmkpres's Tacoma Gallery
O really ? I thought that they stopped that ? My buddies been wanting to take his integra out there one more time b4 he puts it back to stock. Go some slicks that needs some action LoL.

Im gonna have to go onto their website and get the 411.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkpres View Post
O really ? I thought that they stopped that ? My buddies been wanting to take his integra out there one more time b4 he puts it back to stock. Go some slicks that needs some action LoL.

Im gonna have to go onto their website and get the 411.
Im pretty sure they are still doing it.