Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Greetings, fellow Taco owners!

Old 01-23-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Wrencher86 is on a distinguished road
Wrencher86's Tacoma Gallery
Greetings, fellow Taco owners!

Hello. So I guess I'll introduce the truck since that's why I'm here. It's a 2010 Regular cab 4x4 4cyl. 5spd. It's silver streak mica and currently has just over 2000 miles on it. I bought the truck about two months ago. I traded in my 2004 Honda Civic for it because I didn't want to go through another Chicago winter like the last one in a front wheel drive car.

It's a lot of firsts for me: first new vehicle, first truck(besides an '82 VW Rabbit p/u, but that doesn't count), first Toyota. I've always wanted a Tacoma and so far am very happy with the purchase. The bench seat isn't very comfortable and I'm still getting used to the mpg difference from my Civic. Other than that, no real complaints. It has performed very well in the snow and after five years of Civic driving it's nice to have torque again.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Really? The VW p/u? I've only seen those in pictures...

Welcome to TW!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Sounds like the perfect truck for Chicago winters. The old VW pickup truck was basically a reconfigured Rabbit, front wheel drive. I always wanted one but it never happened. Probably for the best!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Wrencher86 is on a distinguished road
Wrencher86's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it's definetly for the best. Mine was a diesel 5spd. It wouldn't start when the temp dropped below 45, had a top speed of about 55mph if there wasn't a car in front of you to draft behind, and the back end was light enough that three people could easily lift it up and turn the whole truck sideways in the college parking lot. Amusing yes, but damn inconvenient. Still, it got about 40-45mpg and was fun to drive.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
welcome.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
welcome from GA
Old 01-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from Mobile, AL.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:43 PM   #9
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
welcome,you have chosen the best color for sure