Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Our Silver 09 sport & our 23' Airstream Safari

Old 01-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
RognChris will become famous soon enough
Name: Roger
RognChris's Tacoma Gallery
Our Silver 09 sport & our 23' Airstream Safari

Hello everyone, first post here. Heres a shot of our Truck & trailer combo pulling out of El Capitan St beach in Cali. RognChris is short for Roger and Christine, we have realized our dream of owning an Airstream and we bought the Taco to pull it. I've been a mechanic for 35 years and I have to say that this truck is a stud ! Can't wait to hit hwy 395 this spring.

So far so good with our truck. I just picked her up from the dealer today, they installed the updated rear leaf spring package and we're hoping that the truck will handle the job of towing our Airstream this spring/summer, fishing in the Eastern Sierra.

Many thanks to all of you for keeping me informed about all things Tacoma, see you all on the road !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Our Silver 09 sport & our 23' Airstream Safari-airstream-el-capit-n.jpg  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

Nice looking trailer.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
WELCOME TO TW! love the Airstream I hope one day i can take my family RV'ing in my own. How well does the Tacoma pull it
Old 01-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
RognChris will become famous soon enough
Name: Roger
RognChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
WELCOME TO TW! love the Airstream I hope one day i can take my family RV'ing in my own. How well does the Tacoma pull it

Our first trip was not real fun, to much bottoming. I'm excited to take the airstream out now that we had the rear spring update, it should be much improved. Fingers crossed !

EDIT, thanks for all the greetings, this website is priceless.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
You can leave that in my driveway, I won't mind.

Nice setup you got there. Welcome!
Old 01-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #10
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
NIce rig! If you take a long cross-country trip, let us know. I flew out west to see the Balloon Fest in NM last October. That would be a great camping trip!
Old 01-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 12-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
bumprunz is on a distinguished road
bumprunz's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking to do similar and was wondering, 3 years later if this setup worked? I have heard mixed reviews on a Taco pulling an Airstream so any info is much appreciated!