LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

First Time Buyer - Almost

Old 02-03-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
WesfirstTacoma is on a distinguished road
WesfirstTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
First Time Buyer - Almost

Heard a lot of good about Tacoma but down So. Cal there's none with traction control. I was searching for info/experience when I contacted J.P. out of Doxon Toyota, in Auburn WA (where black-ice isn't a rap group name) suggested I logon for more info.

If you're near Auburn, he's very helpful.

Great site so far.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:41 AM   #2
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome , Wes to the forum. I am a first time Toyota trk buyer and I have a 06, acc cab, V6,6spd 4x4 and live in New England and I have found the truck to be a little light in the rear end, in the snow. This is expected of course as most trucks are this way. I have about 4K miles on it currently. Next winter I may work on putting a little more weight over the rear tires and standard tires are not the greatest, as they are done on a price per truck basis.

I hear you on the black ice thing as we do get that once in a while here. Keep us informed.
Jeff
06, 6psd,4x4, V6
Old 02-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
Jim Mann has a spectacular aura aboutJim Mann has a spectacular aura aboutJim Mann has a spectacular aura about
Jim Mann's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the forum. I did not realize that anything short of studs or chains would help on ice. We don't really have snow in Alabama but once every 10 years or so ( central Ala ), but we do get the ice occasionally. We park em and wait it out. Jim
Old 02-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW check out our forums if you have any questions. for your entertainment check out the videos
Old 02-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
topdec will become famous soon enoughtopdec will become famous soon enough
topdec's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. I don't get why traction control cannot be an "add-on".
Old 02-07-2007, 08:54 AM   #6
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Welcome to TW! I couldn't find Traction Control or Limited Slip Rear either on 2007 2.7Ls. I was told that Toyota was looking to change the way the TC worked and how it was disengaged. We shall see...
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #7
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Jim Mann is correct, glare ice, as in rain first, then a sudden shift in weather conditions, brings on glare ice or in some regions its called "black ice" because you can't see it and the road often looks wet. This is wonderful for skaters and hockey players, I can attest to that, however, its very dangerous to drive in and appears out of no where. If you are on the road, it makes one's heart rate go thru the roof. About the only thing to do is pull over if possible and watch your rear view mirror.
Ice thats under recent snow fall is a bit different and we get that alot in the New England region, having all wheel drive helps and studed tires and or chains helps but often is not practical. It is a solution. A better solution is to give the local highway dept's a chance at putting down sand( if thats an option) or to don't venture out if possible.