LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Bout' time I introduced myself. New-to-me Tacoma owner.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
ummgood will become famous soon enough
ummgood's Tacoma Gallery
Bout' time I introduced myself. New-to-me Tacoma owner.

Hey everyone,

I have posted a couple times on here and never introduced myself. So here I am. I am pretty excited I got a Tacoma on Jan 16th.

About myself:
I am 34 and father of 2 kids. One is 6 and the other is going to be a year in a couple weeks. Prior to buying the Tacoma I had a 2005 Mustang GT. I sold it last year to try commuting via scooter to work. So I sold the Mustang and purchased a 500CC scooter. I commuted on that for over a year and managed pretty well but getting geared up for wet and dealing with sub freezing temperatures was a pain but I managed.

Fast forward a year and my youngest got pretty sick and had to go to the E.R. a couple weeks ago. Well while she was in the E.R. my wife called and said she might get transferred. I was at home with my other daughter while she was sleeping but I had no way to get to the hospital because my other daughter is still too young to ride on the scooter so I decided to get a 2nd car again. I had pretty much made up my mind I would like a truck for various household chores etc...

My friend has a 1999 Tacoma TRD 4x4 Ext Cab that has 175k miles on it that I have borrowed off and on and the thing still runs like it is brand new so I started looking into Tacomas. I didn't want to buy brand new because I have learned that I lose too much money buying cars new so I wanted a decent used one. The requirements were that it had 4 doors and was 4wd. I have a boat that I tow with my wife's Pilot but it is near the capacity so I wanted something that could tow it easier.

So I started looking and found a decent silver one about 90 miles from my house. When I called the salesman to see if he still had it he told me there was a dent in the tailgate (bowed out from the inside out.) So I looked some more and the Friday before I bought it I found a no hassle price on a 4 door Red Tacoma near Dallas. Plus it was a Certified Pre-Owned and the price was too good to be true (cheapest used Tacoma with < 100k miles in a 300 mile radius). I called and verified the No-hassle price and they still had the truck so I said I would come up and buy it the next day.

So the next morning at 6a.m. my father-in-law and myself drove to Dallas to check out the truck. I was expecting it to have some problem like smoked in and smelled bad, tore up upholstery, who knows but when I got there and saw it it was better looking than I could have imagined. So I sat down with the salesman and told him the price. He first came back with the price after my down payment and I told him no that was the price before my down payment. He said "where did you get that price". I told him online so he double checked and there it was $18,251. He leaves and comes back and the sales manager swore up and down that he mispriced the truck and was losing 300 dollars on the deal. I told him I drove all that way and already called and verified the price so he sold it to me for the no-haggle price.

Well they spent 1 hour trying to sell me everything trying to make a profit but I didn't budge. I had no trade-in, already lined up my own financing. I just wanted the truck for the advertised price. Let me tell you I have never been hassled this bad in my life. By far the worse car buying experience for me and I have purchased so many new/used cars so I have quite a bit of experience. I would have liked to walk but this was the only 4x4 I could find that was less than 20k and I didn't want to lose it.

So in the end I ended up with my '05 4x4 SR5 Toyota with the tow package. It has 58k miles and I think was an awesome deal! Plus I still have up to 100k and 2.5 years on the certified pre-owned warranty. And the price of 18,251 was less than private party blue book. Plus the truck doesn't even look like the owner even spilled something on the interior.

So I'll be hanging out here trying to learn everything there is to know about my truck. I do have aspirations of lifting it some day for fun and making it into a hobby. For now though I have to use it to haul kids and my boat.

Here is a picture of my stang:

The scooter:

And the new truck (Sorry took photos with my phone.):

Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
ummgood's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the welcome! I also see you're in GT. Awesome!

I am pretty stoked with the truck. It is more than I could have imagined.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
thekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thekidcatcher's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa shit, didn't even realize you were in Austin lol. Nice. Check this out http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...ml#post1366807 there is a meet going on in College Station this weekend. Come on over if you want, its just working on trucks and hangin out with the boys.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
ummgood's Tacoma Gallery
That would be fun. It is my wife's birthday on Sat so we'll be celebrating that. Maybe next time.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
thekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekidcatcher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alrighty man. Just keep an eye out for meets and if there is one going around Ill send the info your way too. You ever been offroading before?
Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Nice collection.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
ummgood's Tacoma Gallery
Once in a Jeep Wrangler probably 7 years ago.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
ummgood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
Welcome to TW. Nice collection.
Thanks!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Aboard fellow Texan!! How is your youngest doing, still in the hospital??
Old 01-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! Nice truck!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ummgood View Post
Once in a Jeep Wrangler probably 7 years ago.
Hee hee (Major Paine laugh) then you will be in for a treat if you go to one of our meets.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from California!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
adktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of lightadktacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Navy: mm-subs
Name: danny
adktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
welcome yoi tw, hope the baby's ok. I fell in love with Austin when i was there, got a t from the Contintental Club and wear it proudly
Old 01-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #18
ummgood's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Welcome Aboard fellow Texan!! How is your youngest doing, still in the hospital??
Thanks! She is doing better. She managed to catch the flu and a cold at the same time and got severely dehydrated. She hasn't been free from illness since before Christmas but isn't needing trips to the E.R. currently so we are keeping optimistic. She is acting much happier now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidcatcher View Post
Hee hee (Major Paine laugh) then you will be in for a treat if you go to one of our meets.
haha that jeep was a beast! Plus nothing like getting whacked in the back of the head by the huge balls of mudd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adktacoma View Post
welcome yoi tw, hope the baby's ok. I fell in love with Austin when i was there, got a t from the Contintental Club and wear it proudly
I love Austin! We moved here from Cali in 2005 and I don't regret it at all. I couldn't imagine living somewhere else. It has so much to do but we also can feel like we live in a small rural town in the middle of nowhere but still be in the city limits.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 AM   #20
ummgood's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidcatcher View Post
Austin a small rural town? You must have lived in a huge city lol
haha actually no but I am used to California. It is a bunch of smaller towns smashed together to make one large populated area. Austin is very spread out. It doesn't probably seem that way to people who are used to Texas but for me I am still amazed how long it takes to drive from one edge of Austin to another.

I live in the city limits but my back fence is the actual limit line so the people behind me have acreage. So it feels like I live in the country even though I live in Austin city limits. In the bay area of Cali you either had to be filthy rich or not live in the bay area to get a similar feel.

On a side note I bought my first Tacoma accessory today! A iPod controller! I actually bought two one for my friend who has a 2008 Prerunner but he isn't on this forum.