Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

need advice on tacoma purchase

Old 01-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
AZyota is on a distinguished road
Name: ryan
AZyota's Tacoma Gallery
need advice on tacoma purchase

ive been doing alot of research and have decided on purchasing a tacoma. It will simply be my daily driver to get me to work and back and will use it to haul things on occasion. Would maybe need it to pick up lumber or little things from home depot for home improvements and such and maybe haul a 250cc dirtbike on rare occasions.

What i need to know is the difference between the suspension on says a base 2000 tacoma sr5 and a 2000 tacoma with the trd option? I know the trd give larger tires and such but does it offer a higher payload? Would i be able to haul more in a trd truck before the suspension starts to sag when compared to a truck with the base suspension that is lower?

any help greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!

They all have the same payload
Old 01-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
AZyota's Tacoma Gallery
thanks! i am happy to be here i stumbled upon this site and it seems to be full of a lot of usefull information and cool people! So id be fine going with a truck without the trd package and can load it up just the same? just don't want to fork up the cash and find i have made the wrong purchase, i want this truck to be with me for a long long time
Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZyota View Post
thanks! i am happy to be here i stumbled upon this site and it seems to be full of a lot of usefull information and cool people! So id be fine going with a truck without the trd package and can load it up just the same? just don't want to fork up the cash and find i have made the wrong purchase, i want this truck to be with me for a long long time
You would be just fine.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
AZyota's Tacoma Gallery
thanks chris! one other thing i am having trouble deciding on is manual or automatic? If i find the right deal with a stick ill take it but if i was to pick up one with an auto tranny how do they hold up in these trucks? How long do they make it too, i would be quick to assume an auto tranny wouldn't go to 300k on a well maintained tacoma as a manual would. or would i be wrong? Are you automatic guys out there happy with your purchases??
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #6
AZyota's Tacoma Gallery
TTT

good morning everyone