Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New to the forum

Old 02-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: I was a mechanic
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
New to the forum

Just wanted to come in and say hello. I'm JC, or Jeremy, whatever, from Demello-Offroad. If you purchased any non-custom items (well a few custom pieces too ...) since October of 2007, I most likely did the welds. I do most of the standard fabrication and probably 98% of the welds these days. I don't do sales, so please don't PM me about prices (that's Arien's job). I just build 'em but I love the satisfaction I get from meeting satisfied customers.

Personally, I am a Tacoma FANATIC and have owned my baby since 2003. It was my second purchase after totaling my first one in 2000. I have the advantage of working for one of the best in the business these days, as far as fabricators go, so yeah ...I'm privileged, lol. Funnest job I've ever had ...well, next to the Marine Corps, but that was stressful.

Anyway, glad to be here and I look forward to talking to all of you. And yes, if you have questions about certain items, I will answer the best I can. I know the technical details, not the prices, lol.

...and if you are happy with your Demello purchase, you're welcome
Old 02-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank You! I haven't been on any forums of any kind for a few months here. Been taking a break. I see this forum up on the screen behind the counter most days along with the FJ places. I'm not an FJ kinda guy (but they sure do keep me in business!), so I figured I'd try this place for now, lol.

...and if anyone wants to see the beast, keeping in mind it's sans ARB, winch and rear DO bumper these days ...http://rides.webshots.com/album/3293...=rides&start=0 She's a work in progress. Aren't they all?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
HellO JC!!!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have ya! Thanks for doing what you do!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #8
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW !! Thinking about getting some of those sliders from you guys. It's cool watching guys that really know how to weld. Mine always look like crap.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #9
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from TX.
Keep up the nice work.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntstan View Post
Welcome to TW !! Thinking about getting some of those sliders from you guys. It's cool watching guys that really know how to weld. Mine always look like crap.
Ya know what? I went to The Fab School out here in Riverside, the one that Troy Johnson runs, and my welds looked like crap too. 2 years of working with Jason and some of the best fabbers I've ever met along the way, you ask questions, you try new things, you treat every single weld as a chance to get better.

That's how it works. It takes time and it take serious dedication to every weld. I've actually had guys come in and watch over my shoulder as I welded. That's a good feeling

I'd have to credit years spent drawing and drumming as a kid, plus 11 years of the Marine Corps for teaching me hand control, wrist control, and attention to detail.

But hey, buy some weld-on's, come in and have 'em put on, and you're free to watch it all go down man. I don't mind attention.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to have you here!!! Welcome to TW.

This thread reminds me how much I want to learn to weld.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #12

And thanks to all you Texas guys as well (Bossman just got back from there). I haven't been to your glorious state since I was about 13 but I remember it being my first taste of the west and I was skeered at the time! 22 years, a trip around the world and years spent abroad from my homeland in Georgia, I ended up in California and stayed here. I still have good friends out in the Republic of Texas and I look forward to getting back out there some day for a visit!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome too TW
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #14
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I see Jason, I ask him if he knows anyone good welders....

G
Old 02-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Glad to have you here!!! Welcome to TW.

This thread reminds me how much I want to learn to weld.
Thanks!

Well, welding is one thing. Fabrication is another. But welding in itself does still hold that mystique for so many people. You have to decide if you want to go MIG, TIG or ARC, and figure it out from there. I know about zip when it comes to ARC but that's what makes the money with union welders. I know a smidge about TIG, enough to at least be functional, but I have a ways to go before I would be able to get certified in it.

MIG ...I challenge the greats to a dual! I know my MIG and I know it well and I could care less about certs when it comes down to it. I don't make a lot of money at this, but I damn sure put my heart and soul into my welds.

Just look into your community colleges nearby and ask around at local shops if they need a shop hand if you're serious. Good luck man!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Every time I see Jason, I ask him if he knows anyone good welders....

G
I know one ......................and it ain't the bossman, but hey ...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #18
huddleston will become famous soon enoughhuddleston will become famous soon enough

huddleston's Tacoma Gallery
welcome JC!