1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

will Tranny flush help shifting

Discussion in 'New Members' started by OCTaco, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Feb 11, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    OCTaco

OCTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    OC
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Sport DCSB
    Hello evryone,
    Im rather new to tw and new to tacomas all together. I just bought an 06 dbl cab short bed trd off road. Truck looks great, but performance is poor. It only has 82k and some times, like 2/5 times i feel like it shifts hard between 1st and 2nd gear. Ive read about this and some say thats the way they are and others say that it's probably low on tranny oil. If its low on tranny oil then its probably been that way since it came off the dealer cuz the previous owner didn't give a sh8*t about maintenance. Anyways, any advice? Should i lear to live with it like i did the axle wrap, or should i have toyota servie it and risk the tranny being shocked and maybe going out? Thanks guys any input is appreciated.

2. Feb 12, 2010 at 5:14 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Toyota lowered the service interval from 100k to 60k on your tranny. If it were me, I would take it in and get a drain and fill at the dealer. There is a procedure to follow since the tranny is "sealed". There is a write up here for it if you want to try it.

Products Discussed in

To Top