1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toyota oil change

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tracylio, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Feb 27, 2010 at 2:40 PM
    Tracylio

Tracylio [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tracy
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Prerunner
    Hello, I own a 2001 Toyota Tacome that I bought brand new. My son always loved it so I held on to it for him and he just turned 16. Even with all the Toyota recall news I was gonna buy a new Tacoma. I received a flyer in the mail for a $40 oil change with free tire rotation and 21 point inspection. On Saturday I took my truck to get it checked out and shop for a new truck. I presented the coupon left the truck and shopped. Upon return they told me I needed a air filter which I agreed. When my truck was ready they told me it would be 110.00. After much debate they lowered it to 82.00. you would not believe what they charge for. It would take me forever to write it all. My advice go to Juffy Lube. There was nothing done but oil change because they found no problems. I have now changed my mind on the tacoma, looks like Toyota owners are gonna have to compensate Toyoda for the recalls.

2. Feb 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    That sounds like a annual service package they did. I've only had the dealership change mine once, and it was like $40. Instead of having a place like Jiffy Lube do it (heard alot of bad things about them) do it yourself to make sure it gets done right. If you think you've got problems now, just wait till Jiffy Lube gets under of your truck!:eek:http://www.jiffylubeproblems.com/

3. Feb 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    DTacoms

DTacoms Well-Known Member

Member:
    Frisco, Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 DC LB BSP
    It's not a toyota issue. Because you let the dealership change the air filter, the cost just doubled. The air filter costs around $25 plus labor. Next time, change the air filter yourself. It's only a 5 minute work. Search in the DIY section.

4. Feb 27, 2010 at 4:16 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    The Taco is the most easiest vehicle to work on. Search the DIY section and save yourself a load of money in the future.

Products Discussed in

To Top