1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Transmission Shifting

Discussion in 'New Members' started by M. DeWitt, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Mar 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    M. DeWitt

M. DeWitt [OP] New Member

Member:
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma
    My 2009 Tacoma has the low speed shifting problem that is really annoying. Took it to the dealer once and he "reset" the ECM so the trans could relearn my driving. Now I see that a TSB has been issued to reflash the ECM. Can someone send me a copy of TSB 0703-09? I want to go into the dealer armed with this. Send to mdewitt303@charter.net.

2. Mar 10, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
  3. Mar 10, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    jpg366

jpg366 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner SR5
    I was able to convince my service advisor and his lead mechanic to do the TSB (373-09) to reflash, after enduring several discussions that it was "still learning" after 10k miles. I offered to escalate it (asking him what their escalation procedure is). They did the work last Thursday, and since then, it drives like a different truck. No more high revs at 15mph and it rarely gets into first gear except at a full stop.

Products Discussed in

To Top