New 2010 Silver 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport Owner

Old 03-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
JMFH is on a distinguished road
Army: Chief Warrant Officer
Name: JMFH
JMFH's Tacoma Gallery
New 2010 Silver 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport Owner

Hello TW members!

I've been lurking for awhile, getting ideas while waiting for the truck that I wanted to show up. The Taco is my first Toyota vehicle. I've been a Ford truck guy for almost twenty years. I traded in my 2008 F250 extended cab longbed diesel for the Tacoma. My wife and I are getting stationed in Korea and didn't see the need for a diesel longbed. I couldn't find anything else that I wanted that was a double cab in a compact style truck. The recalls and the negative publicity that Toyota has been receiving did not bother me at all. I started conducting research on the Tacoma while I was in Iraq in November. I came home late January and right away I went shopping for my new Tacoma. I live in Central Texas and three dealerships tried to lowball me on the trade. They were literally offering me less than wholesale. I went to the fourth dealer and they offered a fair price on the trade, but they were trying to sell me a truck that had "extras" that I didn't want. I told them I wanted a silver 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport w/JLB and sat. Three and a half weeks later, I get a call on Sunday (7 Mar) and was told that the truck was ready for pick up. It was about an hour drive home and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I ordered weathertech floor liners, hopefully they show up soon.
Day three I completely debadged. Looks cleaner now.
Today, I had the all the windows tinted.

I can't wait to conduct further mods. They will come with time.
I look forward to many years and many miles on this awesome truck.
Take care.
JMFH
Attached Thumbnails
New 2010 Silver 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport Owner-photo.jpg  
Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
fau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to allfau8823 is a name known to all
Name: Tom
fau8823's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFH View Post
Hello TW members!

I've been lurking for awhile, getting ideas while waiting for the truck that I wanted to show up. The Taco is my first Toyota vehicle. I've been a Ford truck guy for almost twenty years. I traded in my 2008 F250 extended cab longbed diesel for the Tacoma. My wife and I are getting stationed in Korea and didn't see the need for a diesel longbed. I couldn't find anything else that I wanted that was a double cab in a compact style truck. The recalls and the negative publicity that Toyota has been receiving did not bother me at all. I started conducting research on the Tacoma while I was in Iraq in November. I came home late January and right away I went shopping for my new Tacoma. I live in Central Texas and three dealerships tried to lowball me on the trade. They were literally offering me less than wholesale. I went to the fourth dealer and they offered a fair price on the trade, but they were trying to sell me a truck that had "extras" that I didn't want. I told them I wanted a silver 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport w/JLB and sat. Three and a half weeks later, I get a call on Sunday (7 Mar) and was told that the truck was ready for pick up. It was about an hour drive home and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I ordered weathertech floor liners, hopefully they show up soon.
Day three I completely debadged. Looks cleaner now.
Today, I had the all the windows tinted.

I can't wait to conduct further mods. They will come with time.
I look forward to many years and many miles on this awesome truck.
Take care.
JMFH
Congrats! I just bought the same exact truck (color and all) last week. I traded my 2003 Tacoma for it. I love Tacomas. You wont be disappointed!

I just ordered Bilstein 5100 shocks for the front end and some All Terrains to replace those stock tires. Good luck with your truck!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery

Welcome here my silver DCLB
Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
finally wised up (jk), welcome to the club
Old 03-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Aboard and hello from south Texas. (to bad you could'nt pick Indigo Blue)
Old 03-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
welcome! just bought the exact same truck a week ago...
Old 03-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
SURFTACO will become famous soon enough

Name: Steve
SURFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 03-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #12
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggiesrider View Post
welcome to TW! Nice Truck!
x2
Old 03-12-2010, 04:55 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome
Old 03-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #15
FloridaTaco is on a distinguished road
FloridaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

I have 2006 same truck........Gotta love those Loooong Beds.........
Old 03-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #18
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from San Diego.