1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Took the plunge and here I am

Discussion in 'New Members' started by dcmsideshow, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Mar 15, 2010 at 8:17 AM
    dcmsideshow

dcmsideshow [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma SR5 TRD V6
    Howdy folks.

I'm Dan. I live in Northern Arizona, and after my 99 Ford Ranger crapped out on me a few months back, I took the plunge and got a 2005 Tacoma. It's a four-banger, but it is more powerful and reliable than my V6 Ranger ever was. I love it!

I'm a bit worried about the Tacoma because it has 135,000 miles on it, but from what I've read, these trucks go forever. So hopefully that's the case with mine.

That being said, I'm looking for some accessories, so if you can help me out, let me know.

I'm looking for a fiberglass camper shell (regular bed, Access cab, Desert Sand color if possible, but would consider other colors).

Also looking for one of those cubby holes that go in the bed of the truck. Mine is missing one.

And finally, I'm looking for some bicycle fork mounts that go in the sliding tie-down rails.

If you have any of that stuff, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Mar 15, 2010 at 8:26 AM
    IamJorgeEdward

IamJorgeEdward Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jorge Edward
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    Completely stock

Welcome to TW. I would just do a tune-up to make sure the maintance is up to date.

3. Mar 15, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Make sure the rear main seal isn't leaking. Make sure the rear axle seals aren't leaking. Make sure the timing cover isn't leaking. Make sure the motor mount to frame area is good. Make sure you actually have a cabin air filter in the box behind the glovebox. Make sure you don't have some craptastic plugs instead of the iridium Densos that are spec'd for it. Make sure all other maintenance items are done...diff fluid, gearbox oil, eng oil/filter, antifreeze, eng air filter, belt, brake pads/rotors OK, brk fluid freshish...................then worry about personalizing/modding.

Welcome aboard.

4. Mar 15, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Leave! Get out of here! You will regret being here - It will suck money out of your wallet faster than you speed out of here. I am just trying to help you. Buy something that you can not buy anything for - maybe a horse. You will look back later and thank me.

5. Mar 15, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!

6. Mar 15, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Oh yeah, welcome... but remember my warning!

7. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Welcome to TW. :wave: I drove through FLG over the weekend. I like how the peaks are covered in snow.

8. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Call me funny but I read... "I flew over FLG..." funny how airport codes mess with my feeble mind! :D

9. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    2009Silver

2009Silver Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    WeatherTechs Bed Extender Bed Mat 3" Lift Spidertrax Clarion DVD HU Overhead Monitor
    Welcome - I came from a busted down 99 ranger too! Good luck with your truck!

10. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Welcome aboard Dan. You will enjoy TW. Lots of little mods you can do for your truck and plenty of enthusiasts to guide you along the way.

As to the camper shell. good luck on finding used. I managed to find mine using Craigslist, actually Searchtempest.com. Anyway, don't hang your hat on finding a Desert Sand unless you purchase new. My canopy was actually black. Dropped it off at Maaco the day I got it and had it color matched to my truck. 2nd time I have bought a canopy/shell and done this using Maaco. Most any decent paint shop can color match though.
    Paid 600 for the shell and another 250 for the paint job. You can check my profile pics if you want to see the canopy. Anyway, once again welcome aboard. Have fun. Ken:cool:

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Products Discussed in

To Top