Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Took the plunge and here I am

Old 03-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
dcmsideshow is on a distinguished road
dcmsideshow's Tacoma Gallery
Took the plunge and here I am

Howdy folks.

I'm Dan. I live in Northern Arizona, and after my 99 Ford Ranger crapped out on me a few months back, I took the plunge and got a 2005 Tacoma. It's a four-banger, but it is more powerful and reliable than my V6 Ranger ever was. I love it!

I'm a bit worried about the Tacoma because it has 135,000 miles on it, but from what I've read, these trucks go forever. So hopefully that's the case with mine.

That being said, I'm looking for some accessories, so if you can help me out, let me know.

I'm looking for a fiberglass camper shell (regular bed, Access cab, Desert Sand color if possible, but would consider other colors).

Also looking for one of those cubby holes that go in the bed of the truck. Mine is missing one.

And finally, I'm looking for some bicycle fork mounts that go in the sliding tie-down rails.

If you have any of that stuff, please let me know!

Thanks,
Dan
Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
vegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to allvegas1 is a name known to all
Name: Jorge Edward
vegas1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmsideshow View Post
Howdy folks.

I'm Dan. I live in Northern Arizona, and after my 99 Ford Ranger crapped out on me a few months back, I took the plunge and got a 2005 Tacoma. It's a four-banger, but it is more powerful and reliable than my V6 Ranger ever was. I love it!

I'm a bit worried about the Tacoma because it has 135,000 miles on it, but from what I've read, these trucks go forever. So hopefully that's the case with mine.

That being said, I'm looking for some accessories, so if you can help me out, let me know.

I'm looking for a fiberglass camper shell (regular bed, Access cab, Desert Sand color if possible, but would consider other colors).

Also looking for one of those cubby holes that go in the bed of the truck. Mine is missing one.

And finally, I'm looking for some bicycle fork mounts that go in the sliding tie-down rails.

If you have any of that stuff, please let me know!

Thanks,
Dan

Welcome to TW. I would just do a tune-up to make sure the maintance is up to date.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the rear main seal isn't leaking. Make sure the rear axle seals aren't leaking. Make sure the timing cover isn't leaking. Make sure the motor mount to frame area is good. Make sure you actually have a cabin air filter in the box behind the glovebox. Make sure you don't have some craptastic plugs instead of the iridium Densos that are spec'd for it. Make sure all other maintenance items are done...diff fluid, gearbox oil, eng oil/filter, antifreeze, eng air filter, belt, brake pads/rotors OK, brk fluid freshish...................then worry about personalizing/modding.

Welcome aboard.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Leave! Get out of here! You will regret being here - It will suck money out of your wallet faster than you speed out of here. I am just trying to help you. Buy something that you can not buy anything for - maybe a horse. You will look back later and thank me.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh yeah, welcome... but remember my warning!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Welcome to TW. I drove through FLG over the weekend. I like how the peaks are covered in snow.
Call me funny but I read... "I flew over FLG..." funny how airport codes mess with my feeble mind!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome - I came from a busted down 99 ranger too! Good luck with your truck!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmsideshow View Post
Howdy folks.

I'm Dan. I live in Northern Arizona, and after my 99 Ford Ranger crapped out on me a few months back, I took the plunge and got a 2005 Tacoma.

Thanks,
Dan
Welcome aboard Dan. You will enjoy TW. Lots of little mods you can do for your truck and plenty of enthusiasts to guide you along the way.

As to the camper shell. good luck on finding used. I managed to find mine using Craigslist, actually Searchtempest.com. Anyway, don't hang your hat on finding a Desert Sand unless you purchase new. My canopy was actually black. Dropped it off at Maaco the day I got it and had it color matched to my truck. 2nd time I have bought a canopy/shell and done this using Maaco. Most any decent paint shop can color match though.
Paid 600 for the shell and another 250 for the paint job. You can check my profile pics if you want to see the canopy. Anyway, once again welcome aboard. Have fun. Ken

http://www.searchtempest.com/