1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

About to buy a 2010 Offroad, but TSB's scaring me!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by shelby, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Mar 21, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    shelby

shelby [OP] New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    10 Offroad
    Literally supposed to close the deal on a 2010 TRD Offroad 4-door shortbed tomorrow. Stumbling onto this site may be the greatest thing thats happened to me in awhile.

I downloaded the leaf springs TSB, but haven't found the "lurching and clunky" tranny one yet. Can anybody point me to it. Thanks in advance!

BTW, I'm wondering if I walk into the dealership, still not having signed any papers, and present these two TSB's to them if they'll be more likely to jump on them in order to close the sale? Whatya think?

P.S. Any other of these TSB's I should know about? Have seen some weird posts about radios and other strange electrical issues.

2. Mar 21, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut Captain

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    18 PreRunner TRD OffRoad DCSB
    Welcome to TW! You have 36 months to have TSb performed if needed, so don't sweat it.

3. Mar 21, 2010 at 10:36 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    A TSB is supposed to help the mechanic figure out how to fix a problem that a customer experiences in their vehicle.

If you go to the dealership without ever having driven the truck and you tell them you want them to fix "problems" that you don't even know whether it has, I think they'd be pretty justified in refusing to do business with you.

4. Mar 21, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Your warranty will cover ALL the TSBs. Just tell them to keep your truck for 3 days and tell them to do all the major TSBs on the list.

5. Mar 21, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    shelby

shelby [OP] New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    10 Offroad
    Found the one for '09 but not '10. Agree the truck will have to exhibit problems first, and from what I've read, I fully expect it to....who knows...maybe even on the test drive!

Anyway...Would make me feel a lot better about purchasing a "defective" truck if I had that TSB in hand, knowing it WILL get fixed.

6. Mar 22, 2010 at 12:03 AM
    Wolfman

Wolfman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    No, handing them a pile of TSB's is not going to become a bargaining chip at all. ALL vehhicles have them, regardless of brand or model. In fact, I am inclined to agree with JKD in that they may simply blow you off and look for someone who is a serious buyer. If you want to maximize your deal, go to fightingchance.com and buy one of their dealer pricing packages. That helped me get an additional $1200 off of the price of my truck below the "invoice" that they show you at the desk. The true price of a Tacoma is about a grand below what they tell you is their cost. My deal had them digging into $200 of their holdback.

Oh and I did not deal with their gaggle of vultures wandering the sales floor and lot either.

Products Discussed in

To Top