Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Adding Videos to Posts

Old 05-01-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Post Adding Videos to Posts

When you want to show a vid in a post just paste in the link to the clip like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G146_6l4Y0 and it will automatically become:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G146_6l4Y0

Video sites currently supported: youtube, google video, metacafe, collegehumor, funnyordie, photobucket, myspace/myspacetv

I'll add more supported video sites as needed.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. I knew if I refused to learn long enough that you would eventually fix it. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
Cool. I knew if I refused to learn long enough that you would eventually fix it. Thanks.
haha, thats my strategy. i'll just be ignorant until technology catches up with me
Old 05-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, great feature for those of us that are challenged.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
So, let me get this straight. I can post video to the Missileman thread? That's awesome!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
So, let me get this straight. I can post video to the Missileman thread? That's awesome!!!!!!
lol, please do...
Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Just an fyi, the [yt] and [gv] tags (for YouTube and Google Video, respectively) have been disabled because they are no longer necessary.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Just an fyi, the [yt] and [gv] tags (for YouTube and Google Video, respectively) have been disabled because they are no longer necessary.
I used them last night because I didn't think I was doing the link correctly. Should the post preview show the video or the link when I do it?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #9
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I used them last night because I didn't think I was doing the link correctly. Should the post preview show the video or the link when I do it?
when you're making the post just paste in the url of the video page. once you hit submit, the actual video should appear in your post.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #11
Beating Anorexia since 1976
OmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOmahaStylee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OmahaStylee's Tacoma Gallery
Hey uh, this would be great info to have in the New Members area.

As a new member it took a number of search attempts to find this info while trying to post my first video. Not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out that different forums handle embedding video in different ways... and as mentioned, the video doesn't show up in the "preview post" window - which is a bit unnerving for the first timers.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #12
SgtImaPepper is on a distinguished road

Air Force: E & E
Name: TMI
SgtImaPepper's Tacoma Gallery
NIIICCCE!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
searchgeek
sportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsguy's Tacoma Gallery
Does this actually still work? I just tried it and it did not render the video when I posted the link directly in the post as suggested.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't work for me either
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #15
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsguy View Post
Does this actually still work? I just tried it and it did not render the video when I posted the link directly in the post as suggested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
Didn't work for me either
post the video link so I can see why it's not working for you
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
post the video link so I can see why it's not working for you
Test link: Bob, got it to work 2 out of 4 attempts at testing the link using the same process each time. Random that it didn't work 2 times but again got it to work as seen below as well as on my build page after a few attempts. Either way thanks for looking into it. I'd say it "works" at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQvLl...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #17
Gringo Bandito

tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
Test link: Bob, got it to work 2 out of 4 attempts at testing the link using the same process each time. Random that it didn't work 2 times but again got it to work as seen below as well as on my build page after a few attempts. Either way thanks for looking into it. I'd say it "works" at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQvLl...ature=youtu.be
if it ever doesn't work, pm me the link

thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
DBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
DBWrecks's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the post, I'm sure this will come in handy for a noob!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
yotaroader is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Chaser
yotaroader's Tacoma Gallery
im goin try.... this my 91 Toyota pickup in some snow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwEuTN4uMz8
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #20
yotaroader is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Chaser
yotaroader's Tacoma Gallery
:/ it didn't work?