Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

New 2008 Regular cab SR5 4x4

Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
New 2008 Regular cab SR5 4x4

Iíve already posted a few times but now I should introduce myself. I just picked up my new 2008 Regular cab SR5 4x4 yesterday. This is my first new vehicle ever. Iíve been driving a 1986 Toyota 4x4 truck for the last 20 years. The quality of the 86 made me a believer in Toyota. 188,000 miles and the worst thing that ever happened was a blown head gasket. Iím sure I could have stretched out many more thousands of miles but the truck has no power and is about as safe as driving around in a beer can. The first two priorities on the new truck are replacing the ugly steel wheels and installing a toolbox. Iím not sure what Iíll do after that. The main purpose of the truck is to haul my mountain bike in the summer and my skis in the winter. The truck had to look good also, and I think the Regular cab SR5 4x4 is the best looking Tacoma in the line. I would have considered the access cab but the extra 18 inches wouldnít allow me to open the side door of my garage. Even the regular cab seems huge compared to my 86.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #2
iwc3714 will become famous soon enough
iwc3714's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new Taco. There is nothing like the smell of a new truck.
Yea, they are a lot bigger, I have the Prerunner ac and it is pretty huge-I came up from a corolla.
There are tons of wheels options. Go to www.discounttire.com is one example.
Go luck on your mods. Post a pic or two of your shiny truck.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely need to post some pics. I love seeing the regular cabs in 4x4.

Welcome to the site.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations on the new Taco! !! No one needs to tell you how good they are Good luck and hope this one gives you the same reliable service as the last one! !!!
Old 05-02-2008, 10:46 AM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new truck! damn 20 years in a truck??? the only vehicle that lasted that long in my family was a vw bug, my dad bought it new in 75 and passed to a cousin in 2001.... i bet the thing is still running somewhere.....
Old 05-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
My wife bought her '87 Celica GTS brand new and won't part with it. Also just a head gasket....other than that perfect! Still fires right up like new! Don't forget that back then ALL Toyotas were built in Japan and shipped here.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwc3714 View Post
Congrats on your new Taco. There is nothing like the smell of a new truck.

There are tons of wheels options. Go to www.discounttire.com is one example.

Go luck on your mods. Post a pic or two of your shiny truck.
The entire garage smells like a new truck. Iím sure someday there will be a study that says these smells are actually bad for you.

I want the get some OEM 16Ēoff road or 17Ēsport alloys. Anyone car to give an opinion on which one would look better. I think Iíll put some studded snow tires on the steel wheels for winter driving.

Iíll post some pics once I get it set up a little. Suffice to say it is somewhat boring to look at with the stock steel wheels.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometKat View Post
The entire garage smells like a new truck. I’m sure someday there will be a study that says these smells are actually bad for you.
Alright, now you have to piss off your wife, so that you have an excuse to go sleep in the garage.