Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Hello, my fellows TACO owners, another from San Diego

Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
BAJA TRD is on a distinguished road
BAJA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hello, my fellows TACO owners, another from San Diego

Hello tacoma fans, really like this forum, a lot of helpful tips and nice people with a lot of knowledge, with one big think in common, TOYOTA's.
Wife Suv is a 04 Sequoia, I had 95 kc 4x4 taco, than a 03 dc 4x4 taco.
Now I have a 2005 Tacoma 4X4, Double Cab, and really love the 6 speed. now its time to go custom, and thats when I run in to you guys TW. now i'm going full glass, toyo m/t, walker evans, mesh grill, smoke tail's, off road bumper, and UCA with some coils to start with, I will post some pic's as soon as is ready, hopefully in time for the Baja 500, jun 03.
Regards and looking forward to be a arround.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome! I think we may have some things to talk about here (Baja four wheeling)!

See the Off Roading forum here on TW for our upcoming trip to Mision Santa Maria (a week before the 500).

We helped with pit communications at the '06 500 above Valle Trinidad: http://vivabaja.com/606
Old 05-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to the group
Old 05-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Aboard and Howdy from south Texas!! You've come to the right place!!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
DellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellGSG5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dell
DellGSG5's Tacoma Gallery
Wellcome to TW!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
SoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rand
SoCalR's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from a fellow San Diegan! There's a meet 'n greet tomorrow if you're interested http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...th-2010-a.html
Old 05-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #8
BAJA TRD is on a distinguished road
BAJA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
thanks to you all... i'm really locking in to wheeling and dealing, (4 wheeling )
As it is right now I sold my old 4X4 tundra, and driving my Accord, ridding my bike and dirt bike, really pushing to get the truck ready.
David K thanks for the chart I will carry it in the TACO.
SoCalR thanks for the info, i'm working tomorrow, but i will let my brother know.. he has a nice 04 TACO which he broke the spindle in las San Felipe BAJA, & hasn't fix yet, he's off tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you got your head in the right place

Can't wait to see some pics

Welcome aboard!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to seeing your build. Welcome to TW!
Old 05-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #11
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJA TRD View Post
thanks to you all... i'm really locking in to wheeling and dealing, (4 wheeling )
As it is right now I sold my old 4X4 tundra, and driving my Accord, ridding my bike and dirt bike, really pushing to get the truck ready.
David K thanks for the chart I will carry it in the TACO.
SoCalR thanks for the info, i'm working tomorrow, but i will let my brother know.. he has a nice 04 TACO which he broke the spindle in las San Felipe BAJA, & hasn't fix yet, he's off tomorrow.
The 'chart' I am guessing is the '9 drive modes' in my signature below my posts?

When I traded my 2005 for the 2010, I discovered the new (since '09) traction devices on the Off Road 4WDs were so poorly described and explained by both the salesman and the Tacoma owner's manual that I HAD TO get it figured out and simplified!

The gang here at TW were a big help... Now, I want to help others who have not yet used their A-TRAC and TRAC or don't yet have it and are unaware of the increased abilties and driveabilty of the new Tacoma over the others.

I saw the A-TRAC tested out at Ocotillo Wells back in 2001 or 2 on a Lexus SUV... only I didn't know what it was... But they strapped the SUV to a truck for an anchor and drove the Lexus to the frame on the sand mesa at Devil's Slide. They unhooked the strap... and I watched as the Lexus shook a bit and then just drove right out of the stuck. That was so cool... and now the Tacoma finally has it! I did my own test on the beach at Bahia Santa Maria after getting this truck, and A-TRAC drove me right out of a struck.

If you ever get a new Tacoma truck, I recommend the OFF ROAD TRD 4X4 so you get the A-TRAC and enhanced TRAC for High Range 4WD... Deflating tires for Baja sand is perhaps a thing of the past!