Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Another new member.

Old 03-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Another new member.

Hey all, and thanks for having me. I've been cruising the threads for awhile and decided I'd best do my part and try contributing instead of spending my time being a leech.

I'm driving an '06 Access Cab, v6, 6-speed, TRD offroad, etc. At 45k miles my current mods are minor and focused (roof-rack for the kayaks and fishing poles, roll-up bed cover, etc.) but I've got some big things planned for the coming year. I'll be asking questions, but I'll also be posting solutions as I find them.

My daily driver, while remaining so and staying street legal, will be on its way to SCORE Class 7sx compliance with an eye on the 2008 Baja 1000. I've got a long road ahead of me, and hopefully I'll have some useful knowledge to share along that way.

As for the introduction, my name's Mike. Hello.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW mike post you pics on the gallery so we can rate it.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Mike and welcome to TW!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I feel welcomed already. I'll get some pics posted once I take a couple. Since I haven't done much to it, I haven't taken many recent shots. The ones I do have have it looking pretty...stock. :P
Old 03-08-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
coreyredken is on a distinguished road

coreyredken's Tacoma Gallery
Its all good.. my first pics I posted on here were right after I bought my taco.. it was ALL stock.. now I have a set of tubes on her.. Don't worry about your taco looking stock.. nothing wrong with that. We love them all here!
Old 03-09-2007, 06:14 AM   #6
ImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura aboutImInLoveWithMyTruck has a spectacular aura about
ImInLoveWithMyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #7
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Geat truck, what color? Welcome to TW, hows the kayaking up in Jersey?
Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #8

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
It's white when it's clean, but currently it's a shade of road-salt grey. My lunch hour will make quick work of that.

As for the kayaking, it's generally not what people would imagine. I picked up mine mainly to get around the bay side of Island Beach State Park and for the occasional overnight excursion. If you're familiar with the area, the barrier island has nice waves on the ocean side and some really interesting habitat (and incredible fishing) on the western side. The area I spend most of my time cruising is an estuary that's inaccessible by powerboats, and jetskis/waverunners are banned as it's a protected area. It's definitely cool to get out there and see the array of birds, fish, and random critters. What's most interesting is the rare occasion when the high tide coincides with the setting sun and there's a full moon. The combination of tide and lunar pull draws a flood of ocean water into the area, allowing large fish to get in and feed on the buffet that lives in the shallows that they normally can't get to. It's an amazing experience to pull a 35" striped bass out of water that's only knee deep!

From your sig I see we have very similar taste in trucks.

The access cab has been perfect for me so far. Nice big bed without making the truck longer than my old F150. Fitting a safety cage in there while keeping most things functional is going to be a challenge, but it'll be worth the planning and effort in the end.

I must have slept really well last night. I'm awfully talkative this morning...
Old 03-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #9
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Austin TX so no ocean kayaking for me yet. I've gone to the gulf coast once and had a great time. Here I mainly get to go out on lakes and have a lot of rivers to choose from, nothing real exciting though which is good for me. I'm pretty new to kayaking and like the nice calm rides down the river. I don't do much fishing, I mainly go for the scenery and to shoot photos.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #10

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I'm pretty mellow when I'm paddling. Although I have a few friends that enjoy bouncing their heads off of rocks on the dam-release weekends, my skills just aren't there and I'm quite alright with that.

See everyone in the other threads!
Old 03-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #11
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW, Mike.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #12
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
My daily driver, while remaining so and staying street legal, will be on its way to SCORE Class 7sx compliance with an eye on the 2008 Baja 1000. I've got a long road ahead of me, and hopefully I'll have some useful knowledge to share along that way.
yeah, like you'll ever pull that one off. But good luck!
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #13

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
yeah, like you'll ever pull that one off. But good luck!
Big, naive dreams.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
freakin noobs
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #15
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #16
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Welcome to TW, Mike. Got any naked pics of your gf? Want some?
I do!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #17

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Me too!

Hey, wait a second...
Old 06-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #18
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Me too!

Hey, wait a second...
Is that you faking jealousy again?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #19

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by martie View Post
Is that you faking jealousy again?
The jealous couple is not amused by your shenanigans.
Attached Thumbnails
Another new member.-img_5797.jpg  
Old 06-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #20

martie's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, we're attractive.