LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

More power

Old 03-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #1
stub is on a distinguished road
stub's Tacoma Gallery
More power

How can I improve the speed performance on my 05 taco 2.7L with auto trans and not affect my fuel costs from going higher. PERformance is lacking in the low and mid range. It is a work truck. thanks, Stub
Old 03-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
With added performance, fuel consumption will increase. There's no way out, yet!
Old 03-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
so the air intake and other mods doesn't do much themaster?
Old 03-15-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Better exhaust and better intake, that won't give a lot more power but it won't change your MPG either.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:30 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I have heard that a CAI will actually hurt your MPG, but ,TRDeity, don't you have one? How does it affect your MPG?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
LovinMyTaco07 is on a distinguished road
LovinMyTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
How about getting a turbo or supercharger?
Would the performance gain to MPG loss be relatively small? (from what I remember reading ... turbo chargers force more air into the cylinder so that you have an 'optimal' gas:fuel ratio that creates more power, but using about the same amount of fuel.)
Although, from what I've read you need a real good turbo to give you big performance gain at low to mid-range.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #7
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I have heard that a CAI will actually hurt your MPG, but ,TRDeity, don't you have one? How does it affect your MPG?
Nope don't have one yet on the Tacoma, I have one on my Mustang and noticed a little increase in power and no change in MPG. On the Mustang again, I put in a full exhaust (headers to tail pipe) and noticed a big increase in power and a slight increase in MPG, although it will not pass inspection now. As for super/turbo chargers you will get a big increase in power but you will lose MPG. With the forced air flow you need more fuel, so if you do put one on I highly recommend putting in a new fuel system with larger injectors otherwise you can cause some serious damage to your motor, like blow head gaskets.