1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finally made a deal!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by GAmtber23, May 31, 2010.

1. May 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    GAmtber23

GAmtber23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma Access cab 4x4
    Window tint, debadged, fog-lite anytime mod, aftermarket taillights, low profile toolbox modded with three mountain bike mounts, JVC dvd headunit, Kicker hideaway, Fox 2.5" IFP with DSM UCA's, Allpro standard (soon to be expedition) leaf pack, 255/85r16 BFG KM2's, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers, powdercoated gloss black TRD offroad rims with color matched center caps.
    Hey everyone,

Just got back from the dealership and just wanted to tell everyone the good news. Made a killer deal on a 2010 Tacoma Access cab V6 4X4 in Super White. I've been searching around this site for months now but didn't wanna post until I was official hah. My name is Jake I'm 21 years young and I'm addicted to mountain biking. I live in a suburb north of Atlanta, Ga with my folks until I finish up college. I thought I would share the good news with everyone here as you all know how exciting it is to have been in my shoes. Unfortunately I have to wait 3-5 days for the truck to come from a different dealership but it's well worth the wait. Thanks to TW and everyone here I've already learned a ton and can't wait to continue on and get moddin' :D So please feel free to introduce yourself and share some things about you and your rig. Nice to finally join the family.

2. May 31, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Congrats...welcome!

3. May 31, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    welcome from fl

4. May 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Welcome Jake, and congratulations!

5. May 31, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    welcome and congrats on the new ride

6. May 31, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    DubVeeTaco

DubVeeTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    '10 Off Road, 4x4, V-6, M/T
    Bed Mat, WV Hitch Cover, 265/75 R16 Cooper Discoverer ATR's, XM, Rear leaf TSB, front 5100's at 1.75..
    Welcome to TW! Post some pix when you take delivery!

7. Jun 1, 2010 at 7:07 AM
    GAmtber23

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Window tint, debadged, fog-lite anytime mod, aftermarket taillights, low profile toolbox modded with three mountain bike mounts, JVC dvd headunit, Kicker hideaway, Fox 2.5" IFP with DSM UCA's, Allpro standard (soon to be expedition) leaf pack, 255/85r16 BFG KM2's, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers, powdercoated gloss black TRD offroad rims with color matched center caps.
    Just a little update:
    So I just got out of class and I got a call from Toyota. They told me the Super White I signed for had actually been sold earlier that day. Looks like I will be going with black. Should pick it up after work tomorrow I'll try to have pictures up pretty soon after.

8. Jun 1, 2010 at 7:11 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    You'd better make sure that everything is the same besides the color. Either way, congratulations and welcome!

9. Jun 1, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Also make sure you want black. It's a major PITA to keep clean, but looks awesome when it is.
    Just sayin', you went from white to black...don't take the truck just because its the one available the quickest. You're going to have it for a long time, so make sure you are going to love it, not just like it.

Oh yeah, and welcome!! :D

10. Jun 1, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    mlittle

mlittle T O Y O T A

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Fort Sill, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x4
    Welcome from PA. Make sure you are 100% sure you want the black Tacoma. There are plenty more out there for sale if you're willing to wait for the right one. Like AeroCooper said, don't take the black if you really want a white one.

Good luck with everything!

11. Jun 1, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    Doc.SS

Doc.SS ︻╦╤─

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    O'side
    Vehicle:
    T4R SR5
    Congrats and welcome to TW..!!

12. Jun 1, 2010 at 10:09 AM
    Boosted17

Boosted17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Florence, Ky
    Vehicle:
    Looking for a new Toyota Truck.
    2006 Corvette Z51 M6. Best mod ever!
    Welcome!

13. Jun 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    juiced taco

juiced taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jordan
    socal
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma double cab sport debadged
    debadged, blacked out rear lights, 3 inch lift in front, 2 inch lift in back, bmf novakane 6 20x9, nitto terra grappler, sony xav-60 dvd reciever, jbl audio system, 10 inch image dynamics sub, rear view camera, tint
    welcome!! post pics when you get your truck! we all want to see it :)

14. Jun 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    got_titan

got_titan Well-Known Member

Member:
    sevierville, tn
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport dc 4x4
    i also agree on being sure you want black.....black does look good but its so hard to keep clean. i sold my last nissan titan because it was black...i wanted one so bad i took black and regretted it...i ended up buying a silver titan and still have it 6 years later....welcome and good luck!

15. Jun 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Welcome!

Do you ride Blankets creek much? I frequent those trails for mtn biking since they're near my house.

16. Jun 2, 2010 at 5:56 AM
    GAmtber23

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Ha that's funny I actually called and got in touch with one of the managers after I got off work last night. I really want the Mag Gray, the only one in the Southeast was at some big volume dealer who "can't trade" but by the end of our convo he said he was going to call and beg their manager for me. Thanks for the advice and the hello's ya'll. I have a black '06 Cobalt and keeping it clean hasn't been too much of a problem until this last year or so for some reason. I really like the look of the Gray and have yet to see one in my area so hopefully it will all work out.

I try to get over to Blankets at least once a month. It's such a pain in the ass getting my bikes loaded up on my car right now that's one of my main reasons for getting the truck. We'll have to schedule a ride sometime man. I'm gonna be out of town all next week but I have thursdays and fridays off work the rest of the summer. Was gonna try and have some camp and ride trips if your interested just PM me

17. Jun 2, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    I feel your pain, I used to have a honda accord before my truck and loading the bike rack on the back was always a pain. I love being able to quickly put the bike in the back of the truck. I have fork mounts mounted to front bedrail against the cab.

One of these days I'm gonna custom mount a thule or yakima rack across the bed so I can have the bikes mounted and still have the tonneau cover closed.

I would be definitely be interested in a camp and ride. Another buddy of mine would be too. He has a '97 4runner w/ OME lift & 33's.

18. Jun 2, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    GAmtber23

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Ha yeah man it's a huge inconvenience not to mention I usually scratch up the paint when I'm installing the darn thing. I've been trying to figure out the best tonneau cover.. there's a lot out there but with the bike situation it's pretty tricky. Still debating if I even want one, might just do the Kobalt low profile tool box and install the fork mounts to that.

I'll be going out of town Sunday and getting back the following Saturday so maybe we can try and plan something within the next month or so. Like I said I have Thursdays and Fridays off work.. even if we can't get a trip due to a schedule conflict we should def try and hit up a trail. Have you ever ridden Chichopee's system up in Gainesville?

19. Jun 2, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    Maintenance Man

Maintenance Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Atlanta, Ga
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Pre-runner SR5 2.7L
    Leer camper shell; afe stage ll intake; 265's bridgestone dueler tires; rockford's power series 6.5's; tint on all windows; semi de-badged; weathertech digitial mats; grillcraft grill; blacked out headlights with eyelids; blacked out badges; and more to come.
    Hello from another Atlanta Taco.

20. Jun 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover

Products Discussed in

To Top