Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > New Members

Notices

Finally made a deal!

Old 05-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
GAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to behold
GAmtber23's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Finally made a deal!

Hey everyone,

Just got back from the dealership and just wanted to tell everyone the good news. Made a killer deal on a 2010 Tacoma Access cab V6 4X4 in Super White. I've been searching around this site for months now but didn't wanna post until I was official hah. My name is Jake I'm 21 years young and I'm addicted to mountain biking. I live in a suburb north of Atlanta, Ga with my folks until I finish up college. I thought I would share the good news with everyone here as you all know how exciting it is to have been in my shoes. Unfortunately I have to wait 3-5 days for the truck to come from a different dealership but it's well worth the wait. Thanks to TW and everyone here I've already learned a ton and can't wait to continue on and get moddin' So please feel free to introduce yourself and share some things about you and your rig. Nice to finally join the family.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats...welcome!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
welcome and congrats on the new ride
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
DubVeeTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
DubVeeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! Post some pix when you take delivery!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
GAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to behold
Just a little update:
So I just got out of class and I got a call from Toyota. They told me the Super White I signed for had actually been sold earlier that day. Looks like I will be going with black. Should pick it up after work tomorrow I'll try to have pictures up pretty soon after.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #8
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
You'd better make sure that everything is the same besides the color. Either way, congratulations and welcome!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Also make sure you want black. It's a major PITA to keep clean, but looks awesome when it is.
Just sayin', you went from white to black...don't take the truck just because its the one available the quickest. You're going to have it for a long time, so make sure you are going to love it, not just like it.

Oh yeah, and welcome!!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #10
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome from PA. Make sure you are 100% sure you want the black Tacoma. There are plenty more out there for sale if you're willing to wait for the right one. Like AeroCooper said, don't take the black if you really want a white one.

Good luck with everything!
Old 06-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #11
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and welcome to TW..!!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #12
Boosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really nice

Name: Cliff
Boosted17's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
juiced taco is on a distinguished road
Name: jordan
juiced taco's Tacoma Gallery
welcome!! post pics when you get your truck! we all want to see it
Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 AM   #14
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
i also agree on being sure you want black.....black does look good but its so hard to keep clean. i sold my last nissan titan because it was black...i wanted one so bad i took black and regretted it...i ended up buying a silver titan and still have it 6 years later....welcome and good luck!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome!

Do you ride Blankets creek much? I frequent those trails for mtn biking since they're near my house.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #16
Ha that's funny I actually called and got in touch with one of the managers after I got off work last night. I really want the Mag Gray, the only one in the Southeast was at some big volume dealer who "can't trade" but by the end of our convo he said he was going to call and beg their manager for me. Thanks for the advice and the hello's ya'll. I have a black '06 Cobalt and keeping it clean hasn't been too much of a problem until this last year or so for some reason. I really like the look of the Gray and have yet to see one in my area so hopefully it will all work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Welcome!

Do you ride Blankets creek much? I frequent those trails for mtn biking since they're near my house.
I try to get over to Blankets at least once a month. It's such a pain in the ass getting my bikes loaded up on my car right now that's one of my main reasons for getting the truck. We'll have to schedule a ride sometime man. I'm gonna be out of town all next week but I have thursdays and fridays off work the rest of the summer. Was gonna try and have some camp and ride trips if your interested just PM me
Old 06-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #17
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAmntber21 View Post

I try to get over to Blankets at least once a month. It's such a pain in the ass getting my bikes loaded up on my car right now that's one of my main reasons for getting the truck. We'll have to schedule a ride sometime man. I'm gonna be out of town all next week but I have thursdays and fridays off work the rest of the summer. Was gonna try and have some camp and ride trips if your interested just PM me
I feel your pain, I used to have a honda accord before my truck and loading the bike rack on the back was always a pain. I love being able to quickly put the bike in the back of the truck. I have fork mounts mounted to front bedrail against the cab.

One of these days I'm gonna custom mount a thule or yakima rack across the bed so I can have the bikes mounted and still have the tonneau cover closed.

I would be definitely be interested in a camp and ride. Another buddy of mine would be too. He has a '97 4runner w/ OME lift & 33's.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
I feel your pain, I used to have a honda accord before my truck and loading the bike rack on the back was always a pain. I love being able to quickly put the bike in the back of the truck. I have fork mounts mounted to front bedrail against the cab.

One of these days I'm gonna custom mount a thule or yakima rack across the bed so I can have the bikes mounted and still have the tonneau cover closed.

I would be definitely be interested in a camp and ride. Another buddy of mine would be too. He has a '97 4runner w/ OME lift & 33's.
Ha yeah man it's a huge inconvenience not to mention I usually scratch up the paint when I'm installing the darn thing. I've been trying to figure out the best tonneau cover.. there's a lot out there but with the bike situation it's pretty tricky. Still debating if I even want one, might just do the Kobalt low profile tool box and install the fork mounts to that.

I'll be going out of town Sunday and getting back the following Saturday so maybe we can try and plan something within the next month or so. Like I said I have Thursdays and Fridays off work.. even if we can't get a trip due to a schedule conflict we should def try and hit up a trail. Have you ever ridden Chichopee's system up in Gainesville?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #20
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery