1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newb w/97' Taco

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ipig, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Jun 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    ipig

ipig [OP] Member

Member:
    WA State
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma
    Hi all. West side WA State resident here. Bought my first taco a few months ago. 1997. Been trying to take it out every weekend. This is also my first truck. It is a character to drive.

[​IMG]

The truck came with a 8k lb mile marker winch. Used it once so far but not for myself, friends fuel pump died while stuck 3/4ths up a gravel hill. Never thought the first time i'd use it would be to pull some one down.

Been trying to collect enough stuff for a basic recovery kit. So far: 20k lb rugged ridge snatch block, 2x 3/4" 9.5k smittybilt d-rings. 3x6 30k lb rugged ridge tree saver. Thinking about the 4x30 40k rugged ridge recovery strap & a hi-lift jack. I'd like to have another snatch block & tree saver too.

2nd gear in 4low seems to be my friend for climbing lately but i have a question regarding 4hi. For some reason 4hi just seems weak, and possibly missing a little clutch. I've burned it a bit a couple times. Is that kinda normal? 4hi is fine for smashing through a puddle here and there and maybe some spirited gravel but seems at times useless. 4low feels like 5x the clutch.

I had another question but i'm forgetting it at the moment. Anyways, i've enjoyed browsing the pictures/threads so far!

[​IMG]

2. Jun 3, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    sharp looking ride