1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member doing suspension refresh on 2002 DC TRD

Discussion in 'New Members' started by AlphaGeek, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Jun 7, 2010 at 3:26 PM
    AlphaGeek

AlphaGeek [OP] Member

Member:
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Silver Doublecab Ltd/TRD w/shell
    Boss 10" sub under driver's seat, JVC KR-W810 DDin stereo, XM XpressR tuner, iPhone cradle on dash, DC accessory outlets rewired for full-time power, 2kW inverter hardwired and mounted behind back seats, articulating camera mount hard-mounted to top of dash, ToyTec Ultimate kit w/Dakar rears on order
    Howdy, all.

I've read TW from time to time when researching various Tacoma-related topics (maintenance & TSB stuff, mostly) and just got around to creating an account here.

I have a 2002 Tacoma DoubleCab that I bought new, with just about every factory option except the sunroof. At 127K miles, and especially after some dirt/washboard off-roading last summer with the whole family and a full load of gear aboard, the original TRD springs are ready for replacement.

Original plan was to mix-and-match the ToyTec Bilstein-based coilovers and shocks with the 8-leaf packs from Wheeler's... but when Wheeler's didn't respond quickly to my inventory-check request, I ended up going with the ToyTec Ultimate kit with the OME Dakar rear spring option. Major kudos (and $1500 of my vehicle-maintenance fund) to the ToyTec crew for being responsive.

-AG

2. Jun 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    welcome