1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Tacoma TRD with some issues!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by swissrallyman, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Jun 14, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    swissrallyman

swissrallyman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hi there!!

I've been a Subaru guy for the psat 6 years, but finally bought a truck that I need for my job as an exploration geologist. Got a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport, and now have 4000km on it. Unfortunately I have a few issues, maybe someone can help me out:

-one of the bolts (front, passenger side) holding the box to the frame has come loose( about 1/4 inch) and the box is flapping on the frame. Very annoying, especiallly since I was out in the bush for the past 3 weeks with no Torx tools. Is this common?

-the rear suspension is REALLY sqeekie. Sounds like a donkey when I get in the truck

-cruise controll sometimes starts to speed the truck up all by itself, or just randomly cuts out

-the automatic door-unlocker: first beep unlocks the driver door, second beep does nothing other than beep. Have to relock, th n unlock again for it to unlock the back doors. Every time!

Also how stupid is it that the exaust is the lowest part of the truck? It's already more oval than round from driving through deactivations etc... Is there a guard I can get?? Will get it lifted (5100's) and bigger tires soon, so that should help.

Other than that i'm happy, just wish I could turn off all the beepers, whistles, chimes etc...

Happy trails everyone

DSC01709.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top