1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Purchasing Help!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by DrCrook, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Oct 9, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    DrCrook

DrCrook [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Wake Forest
    Vehicle:
    deciding
    Hello All,

New here, and looking for advise before I purchase my first tacoma. I like that 4.0L v6 on the 2005+ models.

I have found several that are somewhat in my price range, however their miles are pretty high. Most of the trucks are coming from Carmax.

I was wondering what the typical life expectancy of a tacoma is. One good candidate is 2005 at 113k miles crew cab 4x4 ($17995). Is this a good buy? The darned thing looks brand new. I havent test driven it yet because its at another location a few hours from here. According to them no rust etc though.

Is there anything important to watch out for when looking to purcahse one of these?

Thanks,
    ~David

2. Oct 9, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    welcome man sounds like a nice truck for the price but my experience is with first gens so maybe someone else can pitch in fwiw my limited 01 tacoma with 104000 miles is worth about 12-15k id guess

3. Oct 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM
    rbeezy

rbeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    welcome....

i cant speak on tacomas cuz its my first one also... but i used to have an '86 4 runner that lasted me 20 years before starting to have any major problems. i have friends that have old school tacomas that have been running strong ever since day 1. so i guess you can say toyotas in general will last a long time, just as long as you do the regular routine maintenance

4. Oct 10, 2010 at 8:11 AM
    DrCrook

DrCrook [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Wake Forest
    Vehicle:
    deciding
    Im on my way to pick up one tomorrow! 95k miles TRD off road and well taken care of! Stopped by the lot and shes gorgeous! the crew cab will be nice!

Im shivering in excitement.

5. Oct 10, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    Welcome to TW!

Congrats on the new truck!

6. Oct 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    If the truck looks too new it might have been painted. Begs the question of why. The first Tacoma I owned looked like it had just driven out of the showroom, but I later found out it had been painted. No accidents shown on the carfax, but I could never get the alignment right because the front end was not straight. I should have known better- it smelled like bodyshop when I got it. A 2005 should have a few rock chips and some swirlys in the paint.

Products Discussed in

To Top