1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member from Austin, TX

Discussion in 'New Members' started by jmdaniel, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Oct 20, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    jmdaniel

jmdaniel [OP] Has A Well Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5 CrewMax, 1977 FJ40 Landcruiser
    Picking up a new Taco in Kansas City in a couple of weeks, trading my FJ Cruiser in, (if I don't sell it first):

[​IMG]

Why KC? Because the dealers in Central Texas are quite delusional in what they think their vehicles are worth, and what your vehicle is not! :mad:

It won't be my first time in a Toyota P/U, had this '93 for 15 years, before selling it two years ago:

[​IMG]

Kinda kick myself for unloading it, but I definitely got my use out of it, and got top dollar when I sold it. The new one will have a few more modern comforts, a 6 instead of the 4, and space behind the seat, as I'm getting an Access Cab. I know my dogs will love riding in the new one, they had to go in a crate to ride in the FJ, due to the crappy plastic Toyota puts in those vehicles. Sneeze, and you get a scratch!

I'll be putting a shell on it, a slight lift, and some bigger tires, and in the garage, it will sit next to this toy, a '77 FJ40 I recently picked up.

[​IMG]

Forums of like minded folks are great sources of info, and I'm looking forward to spending time here!

2. Oct 20, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    Nice! Welcome to TW!

3. Oct 20, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Welcome to TW from Richmond, TX.

4. Oct 20, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    jamant12

jamant12 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma OR DC
    WeatherTech mats, Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
    Man, I had that same issue in Abilene. The dealer here just wouldn't budge on their price, which I thought was ridiculous. Had better luck in Fort Worth though. I really like your FJ40, it's very clean!

5. Oct 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    jmdaniel

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    Thanks, folks!

Jamant, I checked with dealers in Austin, SA, Killeen and Waco. They just scoffed at NADA trade in values. Funny how they go by the book when they sell, but not when they buy. So I'm heading to KC...

6. Oct 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    jmdaniel

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    Picked up the Taco yesterday at Performance Toyota in KC, Kansas. Hats off to them for being straight up from the very beginning, Charlie Ross to be specific. And a big F you to all the Toyota dealers in Central Texas. $18.5K for a super clean '07 FJ Cruiser with 26K miles? Not born yesterday, fellas... Performance gave me $3K over that, AND sold the Taco at NADA invoice!

Took off from the house at 3am, got back with the new Taco at 2:55am this morning. Hey, had to, otherwise I couldn't call it a day trip, right? :D

This thing needs a lift and tires, STAT! And I needed to rearrange my garage, as it is looooong.

7. Oct 30, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  8. Oct 30, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    weksos

weksos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MACKY
    CALIFORNIA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO
    FACTORY MODS
    Welcome

Products Discussed in