1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hows the Drive

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Recdog, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dec 21, 2010 at 6:05 AM
    Recdog

Recdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    hey guys new here ,
    realy close to getting a 2011 double cab sport....have an audi now getting bored with it!

how does it drive on the highway? seems the 4.0 is a really sweet engine..

im kinda drawn betwwen the toyota or a Jeep wrangler rubicon black ops edition..but the Jeep has a suk ass engine

2. Dec 21, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    Recdog

Member:
    Yea been super busy 4 the holidays but next week will take them both for a spin.....the Jeep wrangler Black ops looks realy kool but i do alot of commuting and no 4x4 lol..the more i read about it Toyotas 4.0 is a top notch engine...never owned a toyota before

3. Dec 21, 2010 at 6:25 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    The Jeep is going to ride like crap compared to the Tacoma. I can't remember riding in a smoother truck, especially in the mid-size class. I'll put it that way. It will probably be a completely different driving experience compared to your Audi, especially depending on what model you have.

4. Dec 21, 2010 at 6:26 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Welcome to TW.

:wave:

Mine rides smooth

5. Dec 21, 2010 at 6:35 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    The Tacoma rides like a truck. It will be a bit of a shocker compared to an Audi, especially on the highway, and even more so in high winds.
    That being said, it is not an unpleasant ride, it's fun to drive and the the 4.0 has plenty of power for everyday driving.

6. Dec 21, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    Recdog

Member:
    Yea i have the Q5 it drives awesome but i feel like my wife...like a bitch lol

yea i have a 5 yr old daughter but she can fit fine ine the back of the double cab im sure

actually cant wait to take it for a spin.....

Oh 1 silly other question is there like hard top for the back.... aftermarket? like a rolling cover or not really 4 this truck.

7. Dec 21, 2010 at 6:47 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    I'd say having a 5 year old is perfect for the Double Cab. By the time she's 13 or 14, she will have outgrown the DC and you will be ready to upgrade vehicles anyways probably. My mom is 5'5" and she says that anyone much taller would not be comfortable for long distances in the back. That said I've had friends who are 5'10" in there who haven't complained.

There are hard covers available. They can be painted to match the color of the truck. Lots of people also (myself included) get a vinyl or "soft" cover that will roll up in about 15 seconds when you need to carry something taller than the bed. I have an Access Limited Edition cover and love it. I've had it a year now, and it's 99.9% waterproof (only get tiny drips in a pouring rain). There are more than a couple brands for these. Check out truckalterations.com, and do a search on here because you can get a discount for being a member here. Luke is a great guy.

8. Dec 21, 2010 at 8:54 AM
    Recdog

Member:
    awesome Thanks

9. Dec 21, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    Went from a 03 VW passat (think poor cousin of audi). Road manners on twisting turning roads better with the German cars but being up high, long wheel base and sweet supension give the Tacoma a 'win'.

My toyota is a regular cab and I imagine the longer wheelbase of a double cab will have an even smoother ride.

10. Dec 21, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Recdog

Member:
    hey guys thanks 4 the input

well deff wont be doing any offroading...lol in nyc...and after speaking to a co worker who has a jeep rubi 2010 i think that engine if not offroading is crapo...and i like a lil pep on the highway

it looks kool but dont thinnk its 4 me.

now the tacoma looks rugged and kool too but i know it will be very nice on my commute as well...gonna test drive 1 on thursday. cant wait

ps- i had a nissan frontier a few year back like a 2005 n i loved it so the scale is really tilting to the TACO :)

11. Dec 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I'm pretty satisfied with the ride but then again I've driven pickups for the last 20 years. It doesn't ride as good as my wife's MDX but it's pretty good for a truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top