Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   New Members (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/)
-   -   Retaling sound (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/245918-retaling-sound.html)

Dinu 10-26-2012 06:25 PM

Retaling sound
 
Hi guys iam getting retaling sound front pass side took the penal out cant find anything.

dayNnite4 10-26-2012 06:33 PM

welcome! describe this retaling noise

Delmarva 10-27-2012 03:52 AM

Welcome to TW :wave:

Maybe blown speaker? :notsure:

Dinu 10-27-2012 02:52 PM

its inside the cab i check the speaker its fine,its around r/f seat,door and glove box.i was thinking its a speaker thats y i took the penal out.

Highland Logan 10-28-2012 07:48 AM

Welcome to TW.

Is it a rattle, or a hum? Does it happen at around 1500 rpm?

Frank

Juggy1337 06-26-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highland Logan (Post 5905916)
Welcome to TW.

Is it a rattle, or a hum? Does it happen at around 1500 rpm?

Frank

Sorry to jack the thread, but I think its old anyway. I'm having a metalic sounding rattle at exactly 1500 rpm. Sounds like its coming from the front of the truck. Can you tell me what it is?

Pugga 06-26-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggy1337 (Post 7081071)
Sorry to jack the thread, but I think its old anyway. I'm having a metalic sounding rattle at exactly 1500 rpm. Sounds like its coming from the front of the truck. Can you tell me what it is?

Does it make the sound in neutral, standing still? Only in gear, only under load? We need more information to try and diagnose your truck over the interweb. Start with the simple stuff, make sure the truck has oil, could possibly be one of your pulleys.

Juggy1337 06-26-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugga (Post 7081152)
Does it make the sound in neutral, standing still? Only in gear, only under load? We need more information to try and diagnose your truck over the interweb. Start with the simple stuff, make sure the truck has oil, could possibly be one of your pulleys.

Hi Pugga. My mistake, I should have listed some of those conditions. The rattle / buzz is coming from the driver side, near the door. Its hard to miss with the door open. With that said, the buzz happens in neutral or in 1st or 2nd gear where the RPMs can dip below 1500. Once you get into the higher RPMs its not an issue. There is no load at all (bed empty, no trailer).

I've been able to replicate it sitting still in my driveway or while moving. It isn't happening 100% all the time, but often enough to know that I'm not crazy (I'm able to show it to people).

I did a search on the forum here and tried to see if its the glove box wiring harness rubbing against the metal bracket, but I've taken the glove box off, and for sure the noise is coming from the opposite side.

As far as maintenance, I do regularly scheduled oil changes and what not, so I'm 100% sure its not because I'm running dry.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 PM.