1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to both this site and to Toyota!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Topdogs, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Jan 17, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    Topdogs

Topdogs [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JD
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Base with convenience pkg.
    Greetings and Salutations to ALL,
    A freied told me how great Toyota vehicles were. I was looking for a good late model used Taco when I discovered how well Tacos hold their value. When all was said and done I opted for a new Taco for a few dollars more than a late model used vehicle. Here I am surfing this forum while waiting for my Taco to arrive. I refused to listen to ALL the dealers stories about what they had on the lot. Seemed that every available Taco was loaded with stuff I had no use for, like Toyo Guard at over $600 and other stuff. I found a dealer willing to deal and had them order MY new truck with what I wanted on it. Got it for about $2000 under invoice and NO DEALER FEES, sweet deal. The primary competing dealer said, "I don't know what kind a business model they're using but for me to keep my job I've got to make a profit which I can't do at that price!." With that he gave me his best price in writing, said it was guaranteed for 24 hours, and told me to come back when I the other dealer tells me they made a mistake and needed more $ to sell me that vehicle. I went to the parking lot and called the other dealer. I quoted the price they had given me and told them if that was the price, and they threw in a full tank of gas, they could start the paperwork. They agreed, I drove 20 minutes and gave them a deposit for the order. Only issue is I have now is that I have to wait for delivery of MY Taco because it is being built to order as we speak.

My taco (I like the sound of that) has a stock 4 cyl Access Cab with an Automatic transmission and the Convenience package. Hard to believe this had to be special ordered. The color was the biggest problem, Nautical Blue Matallic, not one in stock equipped anywhere near what I wanted in the Southeast dealers network. Closest thing available was over $1000 more. That's my story for now, I'll be lurking and buying after marked goodies, until my ride arrives! :)

2. Jan 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Good story! Sure you'll like your new truck and welcome to TW from Cali!

3. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    270wsm

270wsm Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    :) awesome welcome to TW

4. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    miniceptor86

miniceptor86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McGregor,IA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue Prerunner Dbl cab
    TRD sport exhaust and cold air intake, nerf and bull bar, RideRide, ProEFX towing mirrors, BakFlip F1 trifold tonneau
    Ya know I don't know how many times I have heard the "I can't make any money/profit at that price" story. Ya think the low price dealer is getting a better deal from the manufacturer than the others?

More likely he wants to sell a vehicle at a fair profit.

Jim

5. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    pra4sno

pra4sno Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB OR MT. Previously 2013 DCSB SR5
    Welcome!

Products Discussed in

To Top