Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   New Members (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/)
-   -   Hello from central Oregon (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/268654-hello-central-oregon.html)

ORTaco09 03-17-2013 10:00 AM

Hello from central Oregon
 
3 Attachment(s)
Just got me a sweet 09 Taco SR5, 5 speed, 4wd. Been wanting one for a long time but truth be told these things keep their value so prices are always high.

Anyway, guess this is my first "Taco", previous being a 89 Toyo Pickup with the 22RE. Sold it like an idiot a few years ago.

Quick question: it came with a aftermarket bumper. Looked all over the web for days, but can't recognize it.

Attached is a pic. Thanks for any input.


ORTaco

JoeTacoma02 03-17-2013 10:04 AM

Welcome from Beaverton!! Hmm..that may be Tims bumper from elite fab?

SeattleCoug 03-17-2013 10:10 AM

Looks like an elite bumper to me, check out this link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/eli...te-bumper.html

Fisher 03-17-2013 10:12 AM

Welcome from Salem!:wave:

ORTaco09 03-17-2013 10:13 AM

Ok. Thank you. Not sure if this helps specify but behind the front license place is a receiver hitch into which the plate holder slides.

ORTaco09 03-17-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 (Post 6602037)
Welcome from Beaverton!! Hmm..that may be Tims bumper from elite fab?

Found his website. It sure does look like one of his. Thanks.

jammdogg 03-17-2013 10:37 AM

Welcome from Hillsboro. Look for the OR/WA BS thread.

ORTaco09 03-17-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammdogg (Post 6602123)
Welcome from Hillsboro. Look for the OR/WA BS thread.

Will do. What does "BS" stand for? or is it what I think?

JoeTacoma02 03-17-2013 11:52 AM

Baby slayer

Fisher 03-17-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 (Post 6602401)
Baby slayer

Lololol. This made me day.

And ORtaco, it does stand for what you think. :)

Deathproofduck 03-17-2013 01:00 PM

Welcome from the Rouge Valley.

Timicha 03-17-2013 02:26 PM

Welcome man!
And yes that's a bumper I built custom for a guy down in klamath falls. I saw the truck at the dealership last time I was down there.

Me Likey TRD 03-17-2013 02:36 PM

Welcome from over in Baker City.

ORTaco09 03-18-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timicha (Post 6603016)
Welcome man!
And yes that's a bumper I built custom for a guy down in klamath falls. I saw the truck at the dealership last time I was down there.

As a testament to the build quality of your bumpers, I have to say these things are built like tanks. I took the bumper to a body shop to have the headlight guards cut off. They look nice but it ain't me. Anyway it took the body shop over 3 hours to cut and grind them off. Lol. Their exact words were "He wasn't f-ing around when he built this bumper." LOL!!!!!

JoeTacoma02 03-18-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORTaco09 (Post 6607175)
As a testament to the build quality of your bumpers, I have to say these things are built like tanks. I took the bumper to a body shop to have the headlight guards cut off. They look nice but it ain't me. Anyway it took the body shop over 3 hours to cut and grind them off. Lol. Their exact words were "He wasn't f-ing around when he built this bumper." LOL!!!!!

Lol I would imagine so! Things look beefy. Any plans for other mods?

RedTacoDriver 03-18-2013 11:38 AM

Welcome from Portland,

ORTaco09 03-18-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 (Post 6607217)
Lol I would imagine so! Things look beefy. Any plans for other mods?

Looking at a leveling kit for the front. For sure want a canopy.

JoeTacoma02 03-18-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORTaco09 (Post 6607345)
Looking at a leveling kit for the front. For sure want a canopy.

x2 on a canopy. I wouldn't mind having one but they're so expensive. I just got a cheap, compact, midsize kobalt toolbox instead..ones you can find at lowes.

I assume you get a good amount of snow down there? How are those tires?

ORTaco09 03-18-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 (Post 6607520)
x2 on a canopy. I wouldn't mind having one but they're so expensive. I just got a cheap, compact, midsize kobalt toolbox instead..ones you can find at lowes.

I assume you get a good amount of snow down there? How are those tires?

We do get snow. Though this year was disappointing. I love the tires. 50k tire that does good off road. They aren't mudd terrains by any means, but if you spend 90% of your time on the hwy and 10% in the woods like I do, then these tires will serve you good. Wish I could spend more time in the woods, but got this disease called work. Lol

LTCal 03-18-2013 01:18 PM

Hey there from eastern oregon!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 AM.