1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Introductory post

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Mark.C, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Mar 25, 2013 at 3:25 AM
    Mark.C

Mark.C [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Southern California
    Hello,

My name is Mark. Please consider this my introductory post. I live in Southern California, but am currently deployed overseas in Afghanistan.
    I am looking at truck options and am considering a Tacoma. I appreciate any guidance and direction you can give.

Respectfully,

Mark

2. Mar 25, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    Millertime187

Millertime187 I'll be your huckleberry!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
    1995 Taco
    Just a few little things. It's my DD
    Buy a tacoma. You won't regret!!!

Be safe and keep ya head down!

3. Mar 25, 2013 at 4:31 AM
    miniceptor86

miniceptor86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    McGregor,IA
    Vehicle:
    07 Speedway Blue Prerunner Dbl cab
    TRD sport exhaust and cold air intake, nerf and bull bar, RideRide, ProEFX towing mirrors, BakFlip F1 trifold tonneau
    Welcome and thank you for your service.

You've come to the wrong spot if you expect objective dispassionate reveiws of the Tacoma. Most of the inmates are pretty much in love with their pickups.

To me the Tacoma was perfectly porportioned. It was bigger than my '92 ranger extra cab but on the same wheel base. It was also smaller than the full sized Fords and Dodges that I drove for work and found a little excessive and clumsy. I personally like the double cab short bed (dcsb) Prerunner configuration that I have. I like and need the cab space, I like the maneuverability of the shorter wheel base and I don't have a want or need for 4 wheel drive. I wouldn't have been happy with the 4 banger and because the wife needs to drive it and she told me that her knee had enough clutch it had to be auto. I like the higher stance of the Prerunner even though since both of us are short and 66 it requires a little more effort to get in than the standard dcsb.

As they say your results may vary. Put some thought into it and get everything you want. You won't find anything better than Toyota quality even though you may find a few on this forum that are having some problems.

4. Mar 25, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    FrankNasti

FrankNasti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Anywhere the Army tells my wife to go.
    Vehicle:
    Subaru Forester
    The toddler and baby seat mod.
    Thank you for your service and welcome to from TX. I've always liked the 1st gen shape and proportions, but I got a 2nd gen and I have no regrets. The 2nd gens the perfect size, not to big like the ridiculous enormity of the full size trucks now days. The only mistake about a Tacoma is joining Tacoma World, you will spend countless hours thinking about modding the truck that you thought was perfect.

5. Mar 25, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome to TW! :oldglory:

Products Discussed in

To Top