Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   New Members (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/)
-   -   NEW Tacoma owner!...& Questions. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/278164-new-tacoma-owner-questions.html)

alcatone3 05-16-2013 06:56 PM

NEW Tacoma owner!...& Questions.

Hey guys. First time posting on here. Names Tony im from San Luis Obispo. Just got a 2008 6 speed 4x4 toyota prerunner about a month ago. i love this thing!! im excited with starting this build and i have some questions already about front suspension:

I want to get rid of the stock rake. maybe even add some "bro" lean to it. I saw that ToyTec has a lift that you have Bilstein adj. 5100's, comes with coils and can lift the front close to 3 1/2 inches. i haven't seen anyone using these and wondering why?
Also whats the diffrence between OEM shocks and getting that ToyTec set up i just mentioned? Well thanks guys and i hope this works out cause im anxious to start making this prerunner! have a good one.

BulletToothTony 05-16-2013 06:59 PM

Welcome. And since you're a prerunner look into Maxtrac spindle lifts, they'll give you some of that "bro" lean you're after. Search around there was a thread with pics of them installed in trucks...

Justus 05-16-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcatone3 (Post 6899465)
Hey guys. First time posting on here. Names Tony im from San Luis Obispo. Just got a 2008 6 speed 4x4 toyota prerunner about a month ago. i love this thing!! im excited with starting this build and i have some questions already about front suspension:

I want to get rid of the stock rake. maybe even add some "bro" lean to it. I saw that ToyTec has a lift that you have Bilstein adj. 5100's, comes with coils and can lift the front close to 3 1/2 inches. i haven't seen anyone using these and wondering why?
Also whats the diffrence between OEM shocks and getting that ToyTec set up i just mentioned? Well thanks guys and i hope this works out cause im anxious to start making this prerunner! have a good one.

Howdy neighbor.....................rode in a tacoma with those shocks.....they are terrible my truck running eibachs and 5100s at zero rode much smoother

I suggest saving ur money.

If u rlly want to bro lean, do as Brett suggested......get spindles

Cayucostacoma may pop in and vouch for the poor ride quality of those toytec coilovers

Justus 05-16-2013 07:11 PM

Wait a minute.. what the fuq is a 4x4 prerunner?

That's an oxymoron.

If ur a prerunner, use spindles.

If 4x4, use either coilovers, or one of the few 4wd spindles

Raceline08 05-16-2013 10:44 PM

Welcome

alcatone3 05-17-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justus (Post 6899557)
Wait a minute.. what the fuq is a 4x4 prerunner?

That's an oxymoron.

If ur a prerunner, use spindles.

If 4x4, use either coilovers, or one of the few 4wd spindles

It's a 6 speed Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with 4x4 so i don't know? But it's a 4x4 so whatever. I want it lifted to fit some bigger tires but want travel of course, some OEM shocks I've been told?

alcatone3 05-17-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raceline08 (Post 6900714)
Welcome

Hey thanks!

alcatone3 05-17-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulletToothTony (Post 6899480)
Welcome. And since you're a prerunner look into Maxtrac spindle lifts, they'll give you some of that "bro" lean you're after. Search around there was a thread with pics of them installed in trucks...

Thanks, and so your saying spindles give you lift? I've heard they will stick your tires out a little too.

Justus 05-17-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcatone3 (Post 6903094)
It's a 6 speed Toyota Tacoma Prerunner with 4x4 so i don't know? But it's a 4x4 so whatever. I want it lifted to fit some bigger tires but want travel of course, some OEM shocks I've been told?

Ok....prerunners are only 2wd, but have the 4x4 suspension/chassis minus transfer case, front dif, and front driveline....basically everything that makes it 4wd.

Its a huge difference because iirc, prerunner spindles are easy to come by, and last I remember 4wd lift spindles were not as easy.

I think ur referring to OME....(old man emu) they are associated with arb I believe.....good suspension and im pretty sure they offer up to 3" of lidt depending on the coil selection and trim packers.

If u have a front driveline, ur 4wd.....if u don't, but u have 6 lugs, then ur a prerunner.

Again, only worried because it will affect ur spindle options if u go that route......if u go ome than it wont matter as long as u have 6 lugs on each wheel.

Spindles can retain stock ride quality......lift coils will effect the ride some.... a good set of higher end coilovers can remain plush, while offering lift due to customizable valving.

Just lookin out for ya