1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nubcake wanting a Taco

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Grim_Smoker, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Jul 14, 2009 at 11:20 PM
    Grim_Smoker

Grim_Smoker [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey guys, new here. I've recently fallen in love with the Taco. Known plenty of people who've had Taco's, sister has an 06 4Runner. Whole family (other then sister) has always been a Chevy family. Fathers trucks were 84 Silverado 2500, 96 Silvy 2500, 05 Silvy 2500HD with a dump bed (stock bed with a dump lift). Mom had a 95 Suburban, 02 'Burban, and now a 06 Tahoe. I had a '00 Silvy 1500 Z71, an 03 H2, and currently have my 03 Z06 and 04 Silverado SS.

As much as I love(d) my truck, there are just certain stupid little things (and more recently bigger things) going wrong, and I just feel like the thing is slowly falling apart. I'm only at 27,XXX miles, and I'm on my 4th Shifter Cable (they keep snapping), and now my rear Diff is going (at least I think it is, it's tick-tick-ticking away like a clock) and it's just killed my confidence in the truck, and I wanna dump it before I have some MAJOR meltdown problems. Never had a problem with my GM's, neither have my parents, but I think it's time for a switch.

Earlier today I passed a gorgeous double-cab black Taco that was lifted, maybe a coilover + body lift, and it was a BEAUTIFUL truck, and that was all it took. I'm convinced, I'm converting. I've always wanted a lifted truck, but just never bothered.

So as of now, I'm convinced. I always prefered a full size truck, I HATED driving the S10's/S10 Blazers, as the smaller interior/low seats annoyed the hell out of me and were insanely uncomfortable. While I don't think I can just pull the trigger right yet, I'll be heading down to the dealer tomorrow to test drive one to see if it fits me, comfort wise. I'd like a double cab, with the long bed, and it'll definitely be seeing a pro-comp 6" lift with 35's (if theres no rubbing issues, got more reading to do here!) I think.

A few questions I'll add for people who care to answer, but I'm a forum junkie so I ALWAYS spend a TON of time reading and researching before asking the stupid questions that are answered in a thousand topics. So if you feel like answering, I'll appreciate it.

-6" lift and larger tires....what kinda mileage with the V6? I only get 11 around town in my SS, my buddy has a Silvy 2500 jacked up 9" with 40's and gets a whopping 6mpg...:eek: Also, how's the ride with the 6" lifts? Could I still take long trips without a huge sacrifice in comfort? (10+ hours...CT to Outter Banks, NC)

-Long Bed...you motocross guys, can you fit the bike in the bed with the tailgate up? If not, can you scoot the back end into the corner of the bed then put the tailgate up? Guess I could just get the bed-extender so I could toss a couple bikes in it and toss all the gear bags in the bed as well and not worry about it.

Thanks in advance, guys.

-Chase

2. Jul 14, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    2 Dirtbikes will fit in a long bed. :thumbsup:

Thats all i read really. :D

Welcome to TacomaWorld. Hope you have fun here. Plenty of info and many helpful people.

3. Jul 14, 2009 at 11:26 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Welcome to TW & the smart move to a future Toyota.

I think you will be pleased with the room & comfort in the Double cab (DC). I have an 05 DC 4x2 with 122,600 miles & no problems. I'm still on the factory battery. So far all I have had to do is oil,brakes, & tires.:D

Also these trucks hold their value. I checked what mine was worth. Retail is $15,000 & I have a few upgrades that weren't included.

Products Discussed in

To Top