1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Tacoma owner

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Krp2nite, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Dec 13, 2007 at 7:27 AM
    Krp2nite

Krp2nite [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well to the disappointment of many. I traded my 2006 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 Big Horn Edition truck.
    My new Toyota is a 2008 Tacoma Access cab with a 2.7 I4 Manual. I got a new job where I am driving 500 miles a week and my Dodge got 11mpg 11.9 highway. Hopefull this truck will satisfy my mileage needs while still keeping my 4x4 capability for hunting and fun. This site seems pretty education and helped me make the decision between the v6 and the 4cyl. So I think I will stick around a while. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself to the group.

2. Dec 13, 2007 at 5:01 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Welcome to TW. I know you miss your Dodge but fear not, your new truck will serve your needs just fine. Personally I don't think you could have got a better truck for what your intentions are, but I hope you realize that we are not comparing the same "apples". Your Dodge is about brute power, your taco is about efficient function. The higher rpms combined with a 4:10 final drive gearing and lighter vehicle weight will allow you to successfully complete your task at hand at a lower cost, and will run circles around your prior truck off road. I know that might have stung a little, but I sold my 1993 Dodge Ramcharger which was a hell of a truck, on or off road, but my taco is a better rig in the categories listed above. So find out how to come from a V-8 to a 4 cyl in good time, don't make a rash decision, embrace what thousands have come to find out, enjoy your new truck, Happy Holidays, Drive on. :thumbsup:

3. Dec 13, 2007 at 5:28 PM
    Krp2nite

Krp2nite [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    To be honest, my dodge spent the last few months parked while I drove a hyundai accent because I couldnt afford to keep putting 180-200 a week in the gas tank. So the adjustment to a 4cyl seems pretty easy. This way I can have just one vehicle that gets me to work or play with decent fuel mileage and 4x4. Dodge dealers are one thing I will not miss, I bought the 4runner last year and haven't had anyproblems that needed a dealer but hope that when / if I do they stand up for their products better. So far, so good. I am pleased with my decision.

4. Dec 13, 2007 at 5:44 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    Not only the cost of gas, but the cost of fixing the damn thing all the time. I wouldn't touch a Dodge with a 10 foot pole. You made a good choice my friend. Welcome to TW!

5. Dec 13, 2007 at 5:56 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Toyota dealers are kinda hit-n-miss, but the beautiful thing about Toyotas is you shouldn't need to take it to the dealer.

6. Dec 13, 2007 at 6:31 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw, krp2nite!! sounds like you made an excellent choice going with the 4banger. should serve your needs very well!!

Products Discussed in

To Top