1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

One more from SC...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by monrad, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Jul 26, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    monrad

monrad [OP] Coprolite

Member:
    B'wood, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC short box TRD Sport, TM
    Avid light bar+RBG, Lightforce 140s, fog mod, FSM badges, Bobcatoshi grille + Stampede, JDM DRLs, TRD cat-back, rear spring TSB, AccessLE
    Greets, all y'all, from Blythewood, SC (motto: Less Mildew Than Charleston!). I won't pick up my new Tacoma for about 21 hours, but I'll post now as a future owner (and to get rid of that New Member nag notice at the top of every screen). Here's the short version of my Tacoma story:

My current ride is a '96 Explorer AWD V8. No real complaints, other than a suspension that's getting cushy, low mpg, and increasing nickel and dime irritants. Like me, except for the mpg. So a dying car, need to haul more than an SUV's capacity, and (especially) cash-for-clunkers enticement led me to suggest to my lovely & talented wife that a new pickup would be an ideal replacement for the SUV. Well, those three factors, plus the fact that the six vehicles we bought new over the last 30 years were for my l&t wife or equally l&t daughters. That last bit helped my case a lot. Didn't have to whine or grovel a bit.

After a week of looking hard at the stats among various makes and models, another two weeks of lurking on several forums, and a single 15-minute test drive, the decision was a no-brainer: Tacoma DC TRD Sport short bed. Yes, I was aware of the dreaded yellow payload-capacity sticker, inherent engine tick, and demon-possessed radio. Eh, duck bites and trifles.

The color was a tough decision. I settled on the relative rarity and elegant stealthiness of Timberline Mica (would have preferred the even more elegant but less stealthy Duke Blue Indigo Ink). When my l&t wife insisted that I add factory tube steps so she could enter and exit the truck with grace, who was I to argue? I'm thinking, If I let her drive it enough, she may insist on installing a Webasto, maybe even lifts and FlowMaster. I've learned how to sacrifice over the years...

Before closing, I have to say this: in over 20 years of bulletin board/forum participation, as a group y'all are the friendliest, most informative and least pretentious mob I've encountered, with a minimum of moralizing and political banter. I've spent several hours (yeah, still stuck on dialup in the country) viewing your rides. Y'all are artists. Whatever model, color, intended function, or degree of modding, y'all seem really passionate about your creations. I hope I can, over time, approach your achievements.

T minus 20hrs 40mins...

2. Jul 26, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Welcome

3. Jul 26, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Nice to have ya man! :wave:

4. Jul 26, 2009 at 2:29 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome........from rock hill,sc! lots of good helpful info and folks here. enjoy the forum.

5. Jul 26, 2009 at 2:30 PM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    welcome, your right about the people on this forum. much better than any other ive ever been on.

6. Jul 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Welcome.
    16 Hours and counting.

7. Jul 26, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    hello & welcome.

Products Discussed in

To Top