1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New from New Orleans

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ecarrell1, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Sep 18, 2009 at 12:25 AM
    ecarrell1

ecarrell1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    New Orleans LA
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 7114
    Cruse, Fog Lights
    Bought a 2010 (7114) 4cy auto one month ago to the day. Wasn't looking to buy until June of next year, but cash for clunker flushed me out to look. Left my only 1 owner 93 GMC at the dealership 200 miles from where I live to get the last C4C the dealership sold. I was just lucky it came into the stealership just before the gov. ran out of money. I wanted a different brand of truck, but the rebate was less than the Taco I purchased. Had to pay the stealership sticker or they "had someone waiting to pay sticker if my deal fell through". God do I hate car salesmen.
    I love this site and am happy to be the new member. I have done a couple of the mods you have in the sticky and thanks to all who have taken the time to post the pics and step by step instructions. I had the OEM Cruse Control installed by a dealership locally. Several of the stealerships (including the one I bought from) wanted $600.+ to install. I talked to the service manager at the Slidell Toyota and he installed the control for $250. He said that the OEM part listed for the truck would not work and installed one for a corolla. He must know what he is doing; the cruise works perfect and was over half the price everyone else was quoting. If I had found this site before I had the cruise control installed I might have tried to do it myself. I had the cruise control installed at 400 miles and cannot live without it.
    After finding this site and started to read several of the threads I ordered an aFe Pro-Dry S Air Filter and dropped it into the filter box. I removed the secondary charcoal filter as showed in one of the sticky except I drilled through one end of the cover. A little silicone and all is well. I did not notice any improvement in mileage but maybe a bit increase in power. My first fill-up I got 24.4 MPG, my last fill up with the new filter I got 24.77 MPG. Not enough change to prove much. I installed the new filter at 700 miles. This week I ordered parts to install the fog lights. I found the lens on e-bay and ordered the plugs and switch on 1st Toyota. I bought the rest at my local parts store, Advance Auto. I will be out a little over $225 but will have OEM parts for the ones that show. The sticky for this installation will very helpful when all the parts arrive.
    I also ordered the Intermitted wiper control switch from 1st Toyota with the fog light switch. I will like using the wipers in the rain much more after this mod is done.
    One more thing I am planning to do is switch to Royal Purple synthetic oil at 5000 miles. I am debating to wait until 10000 miles but as for now I plan to switch to RP at 5. If there is a good reason to wait, please someone let me know.
    Thanks again for all your information on this site; I know where to look if I have any questions.
    I’m really enjoying the truck and having fun with all the mods.
    ecarrell1

2. Sep 18, 2009 at 12:26 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    sounds good man...welcome to tw

3. Sep 18, 2009 at 1:26 AM
    Ragin

Ragin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 TRD
    3inch Skyjacker front struts, Skyjacker hydro7000 rear shocks w/ AAL, K&N CAI, Instrument Cluster Mod, GrillCraft Mesh Grill w/ Pro Comp 9556 5" fog lights, fog light mod, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Remote Start, BHLM, Diamond D3 10", Twister F2 190 Amp,
    Glad you're enjoying her, but then I dunno who doesn't, haha. Welcome to TW

4. Sep 18, 2009 at 3:26 AM
    TacomaDoug

TacomaDoug His and Hers

Member:
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 (Pyrite Mica)(Silver Streak)
    Pyrite - Cut mud flaps, AVS deflector, WeatherTech floor liners. Silver Streak - Running boards for wife, AVS deflector, Kenwood DNX6140.
    Welcome aboard. Got any pics?

5. Sep 18, 2009 at 4:55 AM
    ChrisL

ChrisL Member

Member:
    Slidell, LA
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl cab, TRD, 4X4
    welcome! Looks like you go to the same dealership I go to.

6. Sep 18, 2009 at 5:10 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    :wave:Welcome to TW.

7. Sep 18, 2009 at 5:14 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    :wave: Nice write up, welcome to the site.
    I have a good feeling your going to be around awhile.

8. Sep 18, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    welcome to TW.

9. Sep 18, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    ecarrell1

ecarrell1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    New Orleans LA
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 7114
    Cruse, Fog Lights
    Thanks for all the welcomes. I thought I would put a pic on the thread but the truck is so white you can't see anything. Today I put on the $2.00 tailgate theft deterrent. Who thought of this needs a thanks. I don't think I would have a problem without the camera, but its cheap piece of mind.
    I have a question, if I need to I will go to another thread, but I will try it here first. At the auto supply store they said that the fuse is a different type than the normal mini. Is there a add-a-fuse adaptor for the new style of fuses? The blade runs along the side of the plastic. Will the mini blade type work, if it will I could use the small add a fuse. This is for the fog lights I plan to install when the switch comes in.
    Thanks again for the welcome.

10. Sep 18, 2009 at 4:36 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Welcome to TW!

Products Discussed in

To Top